1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Question About Books

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Blood Ghoul, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Blood Ghoul

Hi All,

So yesterday, like most people in the game it seems, I was at a large private home which was IDOC. When the house fell the prior owner had very carefully designed a large library of books for display. After all the "loot" was basically taken no one took a single book. Since I felt all the work the prior owner had done had shown he/she placed value on the books I saved all of them from decay. They range in title from things like:

Deciet: Dungeon of Horrors
    Hubert's Hair Raising Adventure (Limited Edition)
    Of Dreams and Visions (First Edition)

Since I was able to place a second home, which I will turn into a vendor house, I have began to remake the former player's library to go on display. Based on the loot of the home it appears it was vacant for several years but I do not know if these books are still available in game. I visited every NPC I could think of who may sell books and I didn't find anything. Nor did I find any information on the web.

If anyone knows where these books came from that would be great. And even if they are still readily available I am thinking a nice library display will be cool and maybe I can finish the collection.

BG

2. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Blood Ghoul

Thank you for the info

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Im not sure if there is different rareity between the editions tho. You definitely see way less first editions for sale, so in my mind they might be the least common from the quests. Or just the ones people keep the most. But i Do keep an eye out and almost never see first editions for sale while the others seem pretty common. if anyone can confirm there is a different reward rate between the three it would be great.

5. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There is a different rate in my experience and some of the titles appear to be rarer than others. The above aren't worthless, just not in the millions in my opinion. I'd probably sell the first for 150k and the first edition for 350k if they were on my vendors. If they were one of the rarer titles, I'd go higher.