1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question About Condemned House Transfer and Vendor Items

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JC the Builder, May 27, 2012.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The account with my grandfathered houses was inactive too long and now it is causing me big headaches. I knew not being able to see the inactive date in the account management menu was going to get me eventually. Good job EA Mythic for removing that =/

Account A - Grandfathered account with decaying houses
    Account B - One house account

I have not done this in a long time so I wanted to confirm if I trade the house I am saving to Account B, can I trade the house on Account B back to Account A, thus having no decaying houses (except the ones not being saved)? I am not up to date what the time restrictions are on house transfers.

I also have another question. The vendors I was using for gold storage belonged to a character on Account B. When the houses on Account A went condemned, they went into the house sign waiting to be reclaimed. Now I have something like 2,000 checks waiting to be reclaimed. Do I have to remove all these items before the house can be traded? What happens to all these items if I let the time expire, do they get put in the house moving crate?

PS - If someone on Sonoma wants some house deeds let me know. They will be destroyed otherwise because I don't have another house to put them in. I also have a small tower on Catskills which has a bunch of stuff in it, probably junk though.

2. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure about the house transfer stuff but I can hold onto the house deeds for you. If you live on Atlantic or Chessy, I could get them back to you eventually via vet transfer tokens. those are the only two I have at the moment.

3. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

JC,

I am on Sonoma and would be happy to hold the house deeds for you. Let me know when you are normally on and we can arrange a time.

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

JC go throught the house menu you have that you wish to save place the house to Prime, That should reset it to safe but you might want to do the house shuffle to be sure the 2 you want remain ok.
    Yes that will save your 2 houses.
    The rest might I suguest you look into and determine what you want to keep.
    I can offer you space on my next transfer from catskills and sonoma. As for the checks you might want to collect them off the house sign... I am not sure if things in the moving crate remain or not if transfer is done... but I do think they do. However I wouldnt take that chance.
    Set up a character with Blue bug, fill the bug with the checks it can hold, the rest put in storage containers easy removed from house. Make sure you friend the house to the other account once you do transfer it. Empty that gold holding bugs owner chars bank if you can into a packie for a few minutes it will take to do this. Your character can sit on the checks till you can place a new vendor after the house transfer. Have the new owner where you had the vendors put one up. Put a item on it priced for the amount your bank can hold in gold checks(be sure to empty the bug into the now empty bank box). This character can then go and buy with that character that item (make it something like 1 bandaid) this is so the gold returns to the vendor, wash rince repeat till all gold is back in the vendor. Replace your bank items back in bank. This should take you max 5 minutes.

Oh guys be mindfull house deeds cant be on you if you loose con or log out ... not unless you want house placement tools later...... the deeds go poof if you do.

5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you should be able to juggle the 2 houses like that, i have done that myself before, but that was a while ago before the new housing system..... so, meh, who knows, eh?

i have 2 castles on sonoma JC, if you want you can place a chest or 2 in my storage one to keep some stuff till you can do something with it.
    barring that i have shield tokens between atl and sonoma and i could do a jump for ya if ya wanted, they are just collecting dust anyways.

you have my email and icq bro.

6. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you need any help, please let me know!

I've been in a simular situation before and had to dump/loose alot of stuff.

7. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something about outcry's post, but...you didn't saying anything. You just quoted JC's entire post and hit submit.

8. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Maybe he thought I was going to delete my post.

I transferred the tower to Account B. It looks like everything will turn out okay.............except I have a few less houses.

9. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

thats good and bad to hear.
    good to hear that ya didnt loose anything, other then a couple grandfathered houses.

bad to hear that ya lost some irreplaceable grandfathered houses.

10. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

There is a new issue. Account A is unable to accept the now decaying house on Account B for 54 more hours. The tower will be decayed by then.

Why is there a transfer timer when I haven't placed or taken a house for trade in the past 10 years on that account?

Also does paging a Gamemaster do anything anymore? I paged the other night with a question and there was no "you are in the queue" and I never got a message in about 2 hours of being online.

11. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Maybe when you transfered a house off Account A (with the grandfathered houses) the server automatically made one of your other houses on that account 'Primary' and started the timer.

12. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

It did make a house primary. One that I did not wish to keep. Can a gamemaster reset the transfer timer if I tear it down?

13. Sauteed Onion

I hope you get this taken care of !

14. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Not sure if a GM has access to your house timer, since it is governed by the housing server and not the game server.

15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

You can open a temporary 3rd account and have it take the house you wish to save, this would free you up to drop the others and give you time to exchange back the way it was. I am truly sorry you lost your grandfathered account homes. Not knowing your other house sizes it is hard to say how to save your articles within except to say put blue bugs under your characters and fill them with the items you need to save, and dont forget you can deed alot of resources and items to lighten up the load. If you need help just give a yell.

16. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

The problem with opening a new account is it won't have the storage bonus without also buying the expansions/storage addons, and if the house is full it won't transfer.

17. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Another problem is it costs money to open an account. Why should I have to pay $13 when all I want to do is save the 1 house on my account. Don't I suffer enough losing my houses, now I need to pay money to save the last one?

18. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

That's what happens when you play subscription roulette.

19. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well you allready saved so much doing this
    So you lose one months subscription because you messed up
    I always wished i had grandfathered houses and i think it sucks some who have em do this
    I think grandfathered houses should lose that status as soon as you deactivate the account period