1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about exploring the deep quest

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Assia Penryn, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I know I'm slow on getting to this, but my time to sit down and play is limited these days. I've reached a hiccup before I really had a chance to begin the adventure. I've looked at the stratics walk through and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It is probably something silly.

Went to Hepler and talked to him. Then I bought an anchor and went to Moonglow, launched my boat to deep water and tossed the anchor out. I killed the water elemental and saw the timered "broken remains of a shipwreck" in my backpack... Hurrah! I double clicked it and it said maybe I should show it to Hepler. Went back to Hepler and talked to him and still showing the pop-ups with the shipwreck info, etc. I can't find a way to give it to him to get to the next text about East Brit. I'm not showing as on a quest on my quest log and can't figure out how to start it. Nothing on Hepler's context menu except buy/sell. This is on Atlantic if it matters.

I'm probably doing something silly. If someone could point it out, I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

2. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mark as quest item?

Been awhile since I did it.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If I recall correctly, you simply drop it on him.

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not showing myself on the quest so can't mark as a quest item.

Thanks Faeryl! I will try that and report back if it works or not. I need to play more outside of stocking my vendors. *sheepish grin*

Faeryl likes this.
  5. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's a quest, but not in the traditional sense of logs and such. I'm fairly sure everything you get that needs to be given to someone, you simply drop on them. :)

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Assia Penryn, Sweety your not alone in only having a short time to play these days. Many are in that boat and with holidays, family gatherings, and work all changing for many this is only going to get worse. We have in the last 10 years lost a lot of our players to no fault of their own changes in how we have to live.
    Filling vendors, feeding fish, watering garden plants etc.. have been the main stay of many players due to time restrictions. So don't feel bad kiddo. Your in the same boat as the rest of us.

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am sailing on that boat...

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As I'm not getting any younger anymore ..... *sighs*... most the time I get home think I'm going to do something amazing or whatever and have all this time to spend in game.... but then find I spend more time than I like looking at the backs of my eyelids... than playing UO.