1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Question about Heartwood metal weaver quest - dragon helm

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by gortman, Jan 15, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

To preface, this is on the LA shard.

This morning I hopped over to Heartwood to do a few metal weaver quests. I did a couple, then asked for another and got a quest to bring back 10 dragon helms. Four questions:

1) Since my character is in no way ready to tackle dragons to get those scales, is my best hope to check out the vendors in Luna?
    2) If I am lucky enough to find the scales, how many will I need to make 10 dragon helms?
    3) Failing that, would I have to rely on player vendors having dragon helms to fill the order?
    4) I've never seen this quest come up for my smith before. Given that it's a harder quest to complete, does anyone know if there's an increased chance of getting a nicer than normal reward from my metal weaver friends?

Thanks for the help!

2. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Sea Serpent scales work as well. I'm seriously doubt that the dragon helms gives a better chance than the others. I typically reject that quest until a different one comes up.

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Gowron - sure don't want to go to all that trouble when I have just as good a chance to get something good by crafting 10 broadswords!

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Degree of difficulty has no bearing on what you will get. Normally for blacksmithing I just do the swords. I think the only rewards on smith and weaver quests are talismans, scrolls, and weapons/armour. The only time I do the harder crafting quest is if I'm training tinkering or fletching, since you can work those skills to GM while doing the quests.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And carpentry can be worked to GM using the Britain library collection donations, if you can get the carpenter through the donation quest.