1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Hit Lower Defence

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wojoe, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

I was wondering how Hit Lower Defence works verse Defence Chance Increase. I would guess if you use 50 HLD on a weapon and your fighting someone with 45 DCI you have a +5% chance to hit them.

Any info would be nice.

thanks

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Probably more appropriate for the warrior forum, but I'll answer you here because I felt bad for seeing 300 of your corpses in Yew last night.

HLD lowers the defense chance of the target by 25%. So 50 HLD means I have a 50% chance of the 'HLD' property going off whenever I connect a hit on you.

If you have 45 DCI, hitting you with HLD takes you to 20. If you get to 70 DCI in your suit, HLD has no effect on you.

3. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

HLD effects the hit chance calculator. In other words.

120 weapon skill, 45 DCI vs. 120 weapon skill 45 HCI = 50% hit

get hit with HLD

120 weapon skill, 20 DCI vs. 120 weapon skill 45 HCI = 60% hit

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Off topic, but if you want more defense put Hit Lower Attack on w/e mage weapon you're using.

If you hit a dexer with its effects it'll decrease their Hit Chance by 25% which essentially gives you 70% DCI considering you're at max DCI. It would probably work best on a magical short bow or bokuto IMO. Bokuto more swings, Short bow you can possibly get the effects from a distance before they get to you.

5. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Also its timed and I think it is 8 seconds. So if you have maximum swing delay of 1.25 seconds and 50% then in 2.5 seconds the target will have their DCI lower for 8 seconds. It won't take affect until the timer ends. So you will not need to lower their DCI until second 13.75s or 15s.

The percentage determines the duration of the gap where the DCI is normal. So if you have 34% then the gap is 3*1.25s=3.75s. If you have 25% (actually 26) the gap is 4*1.25=5s.

That gap determines when you would switch a weapon if needed for other affects like hit spells or some other weapon with a special. You want to switch for the 8 second duration and back to the HLD/HLA weapon for some number of hits determined by the percent. You count off 6 swings or whatever number based on your swing delay.

-Lorax

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddddd That is why I'd rather fill BODs while playing holdem in that dead space of the wide screen then PVP. Having fun should not require me to rub the left and right brain cell together that much.

7. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

LOL. Well, knowing when to hold your hand is much like knowing when to switch weapons, but you better fold after the 8 seconds because others play their hand and the DCI wears off.

-Lorax

8. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You don't have to. HLA/HLD are a good properties. Higher the intensity the better. The end.

Works the same way whether you know the formula or not.