1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about HLD (Hit lower Defense) on monsters...??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was just wondering how HLD works on Monsters? If you use the combat calculator here

UO Stratics - Combat

It does allow you to put in a -25 for Defense Chance increase which is what Hit lower Defense does & since mosnter don't have Defense chance increase to my knowledge I think that would yield the correct hit percentage.. Does that sound right ??

So if your 120 combat skill & fighting a 120 wrestling monster & you've got 45% HCI your at a base of 72% to hit the monster because they do not have Defense chance increase to my knowledge. At this point I'm guessing but pretty sure that HLD can drop you into NEGATIVE Defense chance Increase so that 72% becomes 96% according to the calc...

Anyone?

2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

HLD and HLA can put a monster into negative -25 in both, just take HLAttack for example, when it proc on a monster, the monster actually has less chance to hit you by 25% so it becomes in the negative -25 hit chance increase since monsters are at 0% hit chance and defense chance base.

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

K that's what I was thinking.... just crunching some numbers and it looks like a 120 Disco bard has ~40% chance to Disco an Unbound EV with a slayer instrument (can retry every 6 seconds) and once Disco'ed it's wrestling drops to like 116 & If it then goes under the HLD effect it appears to be a 99% chance to hit for a 120 weapon skill character with 45% Hci.. Me likes !

4. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In theory I would agree that your calculations would appear correct on equal wrestling skill npcs, however I have no solid information on npc's defense chance statistic. If I base my judgement on experience however... I would propose that some of the higher end monsters must have some defense chance (or are able to negate HLD) as a 96% chance would be very noticeable; even more so on a gargoyle (their racial gets more powerful the less defense the target has), but I still frequently encounter misses and miss streaks to often to believe I would have close to a 96% chance.

Edit: Don't let me rain on your parade though. I can't say for certain (I prefer to deal in facts), so please continue to theory craft away. I certainly enjoy thinking of crazy combos myself and I like the way you are headed.

We definately would need the final answer from a higher up in this case, untill then dream on my friend. :thumbsup:

#4 ShadowTrauma, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012