1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Honor & Perfection... 10 hits vs 20 hits in a row?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, May 17, 2013.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ok.. I've always thought it was just 10 hits in a row to "Achieve Perfection" which is still the case on any of my warrior sampires (even ones with only 50 bushido). I just threw 50 Bush on a Bard though with the intention of spamming Light Strike for 10 consecutive hits for another 1000 luck but I noticed it takes 20 consecutive hits to 'Acieve Perfection". Does anyone know what character skills decided which way this works? It's not simply 50 Bushido vs 120 Bushido. It also appears that when your 'Achieving Perfection' in 10 consecutive hits you also only lose 3 levels of perfection for a miss..... Where as the 20 hit Perfection is a lose of 5 levels of perfection if you Miss. I'm thinking it's just a certain set of skills determines how it functions (perhaps having a 120 combat skill not including Mage weapon?) Any info?

2. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bushido.php

Oops hit post too soon. Since your perfection score is capped at 100, I'm guessing it takes longer to get there at 50 bush vs 100. No idea on the steps to perfection. Good "ask the devs" question. Maybe get them thinking about luck and adding a perfection like bonus for luck only to tactics or maybe even magery/eval.

#2 Gheed, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah... it's not as simple as your bushido skill determining the number of steps it takes to "Achieve Perfection". I have multiple sampire characters where the main difference is only that one has 120 Bushido and the other has 50 Bushido & it still "Achieve's Perfection" in 10 consecutive hits on both characters. It was just the MAGE character with 50 Bushido that required 20 hits...

4. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think having 120 in a weapon skill help with number of hits for perfection...

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure it's just bushido... Like it's 8 or 9 hits at 120. Much more at 50.

Easy enough to test on TC1 though.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I think it works like this. The max perfection bonus is 100. When you enact perfection by honoring an enemy, your damage increases commensurate with your Bushido skill. At 50 skill you gain 5 Increase per hit until you hit 100 after 20 consecutive hits. At 120 skill you gain 12 per hit. After 9 consecutive hits you are at perfection. 100 bush is 10 hits.

7. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Is anyone READING what Im typing? There are cases where 50 Bushido (and some other combination of skills) requires anywhere from 10 to 20 consective hits to achieve perfection. It is NOT simply a function of your bushido skill...2nd time trying to make this clear.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You can watch as the bonus builds by keeping your cursor over the icon on the buff bar. It updates after each hit. I know this works on 2d. I cannot explain the difference you are experiencing.

9. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I think you misunderstand how Perfection works. Obsidian has it right, Perfection is scaled based on your Bushido skill.

At 120 skill - 8 hits to 100% perfection (12% gain each hit)
    At 100 skiil - 10 hits to 100% Perfection (10% gain each hit)
    At 50 skill - 20 hits to 100% Perfection (5% gain each hit)

When you miss, you go back two steps, that is you lose twice as much as you gain at your skill level.

10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well I'm positive I'm "Achieving Perfection" in 10 hits on a Melee Sampire with only 50 Bushido tossed onto the character for the extra 1000 luck. That's actually my whole point. I figured I'd be doing the same thing (10 hits to perfection) on a Mage / Bard character so I again put 50 Bushido on the character & it was then taking 20 hits. Anyway.. the obvious answer is my melee character with 50 Bushido is possibly bugged and getting 10 hits for perfection when he shouldn't OR people here aren't exactly correct. I'll try another Melee character with 50 Bushido & see if I get a different result than 10 hits for perfection on him.

#10 Vexxed, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  11. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

# of hits is scaled based on your level of Honor. I don't remember it having anything to do with your Bushido, beyond the 50 Requirement. Being a knight of Honor it takes way less hits than it does at the other levels.

#11 Elden of Baja, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Before I used to get a buff icon that shows the damage bonus and luck when perfection is at 100%.

It still shows the buff for damage but none for luck anymore. Does it still give +1000 luck bonus if perfection is at 100% ?

13. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I has nothing at all to do with Honor. I use the EC client, and the buff icon shows your steps to Perfection. With Zero Honor or max, makes no difference. Perfection works as written on Stratics Bushido page, and has always worked that way.

Perfection:
    Any time a Samurai with 50 or more Bushido skill fights an Honored foe, and lands a hit, he gains in Perfection. Perfection gives a damage increase that raises with each step he gains. The number of steps you can gain in perfection is approximately 10, where you will receive the message "You have achieved perfection". At 100 Bushido, each step of Perfection grants a 10% damage increase to your normal attack, thus if you achieve Perfection, you are in fact receiving a 100% damage increase to your attacks (300% damage increase cap applies). Also at 100 Bushido, Perfection grants 100 Luck per level achieved. For a Samurai of 50 skill, each step is a 5% damage bonus and a 50 luck bonus to the target he honored, with a Samurai in training receiving a 1% damage increase and 10 Luck increase to each level of Perfection per 10 full skill points gained, up to 100 Bushido. A missed hit results in a loss of 3 levels of Perfection. At the defeat of your opponent, you also gain back some health, stamina, and mana based on the final level of Perfection you have achieved.

14. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Guess its been a while since i've Paid attention to it then. Back in the old days you could hit perfection way faster if you were a night of honor.

15. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

NEVER

The EXACCT post is above read and weap

Any other "interpetations" is complete Hokum - the thing you have to remember is you HAVE to hit - 10 hits in a row May? = perfection but if you miss once you go back some -

Not all that complicated :gee: