1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about honoring thyself

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Grimm_of_Oceania, May 4, 2009.

1. Quick and Dumb...

Only recently back to the game, forgotten some mechanics. How often can I honor myself and does it take away some of my circles to use it?

Thankyou.

2. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

3. Very nice, thankyou.

Does anyone know how much each use drains it?

4. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

By one spot, as I recall.

5. Fink

Fink Guest

Anyone know how to get those last 3 dots or so?

I've killed everything I can manage, will try harder stuff if need be.

Template:

120 Chivalry
    120 Bushido
    120 Mace Fighting
    120 Parry
    120 Anatomy
    120 Tactics

I basically fight semi-naked, is a roleplay character (hence the needlessly high chiv), but I could gear up for something heavy.

6. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've never maxed it out myself, but I hear Succubi will do the trick.

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I like killing the sucubus in the fan dancer dojo. Either move the ronin out of the large room or the demon out of the room on the next level down, so that the only thing you have to fight is the sucubus. If you have the Tokuno minor Exiler you can pretty much 2-3 hit kill her. It will also get you to knight of honor.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Also, if you are one of the shards that have Ancient Lich event spawn left over in odd places (a couple have them in Ilshenar, Lake Austin has them outside the north wall of Luna), they work pretty good for honor gains as well.

9. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Don't ancient liches spawn in Kahldun as well?

10. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes they do. It's in a congested area but even on a dexxer...if you are smart about it, it's easy to get them isolated into a corner. Have to have good tactics since you can't get rezzed inside by anyone.

11. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

Balrons, Ancient Wyrms and Succubus will all do the trick. Perhaps Ancient Wyrms as well but they're in more congested areas than the above 3. I myself prefer succubus. Very fast spawn rate and go down easy with a nice setup and demon slayer.

12. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

White Wyrms will take you to 2.6 Honor (Follower, 6th dot).

13. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

Well, so will quite a few creatures. THAT is the main problem that people run into is either: A. not having a good template to advance further than that, B. scared to fight the top tiered mobs? lol... or just the plain difficulty of it all.

After all, even just fighting top tiered creatures, it will take some while before hitting knight of honor. Just losing one circle on knight will have you going from no fame to max fame before even getting your circle back.

14. Basara

Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's why I suggested the Ancient Liches that are leftover from some event spawns.

If you can get them in a place that ISN'T Khaldun, you can fight them ffairly easily. My BLACKSMITH (granted a 120 macer, 100 ANAT & Tactics, with Chivalry and a Silver-etched mace) was able to get knight of honor, off the Luna ancient liches on Lake Austin, and that's with 220 points of skill taken up with Smith & mining.

15. GFY

GFY Guest

You da MAN!

16. Basara

You should have the seen the people doing a double-take in Doom a few years ago, when they opened up my paperdoll and saw a Glorious Lord Legendary Blacksmith doing the Gauntlet (granted, as part of a party, but....)

17. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

haha, nice. Well that is good and all. Personal preference I suppose. What location are you talking though? I still don't mind the dungeon. Risk is fun...

18. GFY

GFY Guest

A blacksmith in Doom... sounds like a fiction writers title to me!

Are there any smithy equipment you can use in Doom?

19. Basara

No, but imagine if there was an anvil in there....

A legendary smith with a fire beetle could make a fortune doing repairs down there...

20. GFY

GFY Guest

Especially since most people don't know how to get gold out of Doom, other then carrying it of course! :thumbsup:

21. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

To gain honor to knight the quickest you need to fight things with huge amounts of fame! the more fame the more honor gained that said it seems i gained honor the quickest doing balrons in fel though just farming gold at miasma will do it takes an age but it will happen.

22. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

The mobs with the greatest amounts of fame were mentioned... :D. Although good point, I normally don't farm balrons in Fel. Do you see a difference between them and the ones in Trammel? Same fame level...I think. Spawn time is faster?

23. GFY

GFY Guest

My favorite fame spawn is without a doubt, Ice Fiends in Fel. I have to trap one (2 spawn here) in the secret room or I can get overwhelmed. The spawn is almost instantaneous, but with a demon slayer you can kill one with 1 explosion flamestrike combo.

I went down with 2 friends one time. One friend cast 2 ev's and killed and any stragglers. This was with both fiends spawning. My other friend and I had all we could do to loot the corpses as fast as we could.

They give great fame and are fairly easy to kill. The big thing as I mentioned is that they spawn almost instantly after you kill one.

24. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

You can also if you are lucky get an ice mob slayer or ice fiend slayer...which I have. They go down REAL quick then lol. :D

25. GFY

GFY Guest

I've hunted then once or twice with my Paladin swordsman with an Overseer Sunder Sword (100% fire damage) he kills 'em pretty quick too, but not as fast as my mage with the Demon slayer.