1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about housing timer and trades.

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by andrewsi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. andrewsi

andrewsi Guest

I'm trying to determine whether or not I'm still under the 7-day housing timer:

I placed a house on Saturday using the house placement tool.

I brought up the house placement tool on Sunday, which said I couldn't place again or receive a house in trade for 123 hours. This worried me a bit since I had a trade pending for a larger lot later this week (still haven't done this).

I then destroyed the house on Sunday (back to zero houses on the account).

When I checked the tool again after this, the timer message was not there. It appears like I could immediately place another house. However, the question I have is: can I receive one in trade?

From what I have read in FAQs, etc. if I have a timer on placement OR acquiring a house via trade, I should see indication of such in the house placement tool. However, I see neither.

Anyone have an idea of whats going on?

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You should be fine.

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think he as to wait because its a trade.
    He can place a house take it down place again again again etc, but each time will reset the house timer.
    Only thing he can do is hope that the timer wears off by the time he is to receive the house. but if he can't receive the house in the bottom part of teh screen a message will appear, and let him know and hour many hours are left til he can.

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

He didn't already receive a house in trade so the timer does reset. He will be able to accept the house in trade from another account.