1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about idoc ships

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lore Master, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

My friend asked me to ask this because he is not a member here he found an idoc ship on atlantic with over 100 items in it and he is wondering if the owner does not refresh the ship in time are the items recoverable by anyone? can they be picked up after the ship decays? or do they decay with the ship hence being unrecoverable?

2. Hanna

Hanna Guest

Nope, they disappear

3. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

so your saying as soon as the ship disapears they erase from the game at that instant? if so what a waste that can be depending apon what is in the ship hulls.

4. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

yep, ive watched ships pop with stuff in em, wish they would do like idoc houses drop stuff personaly

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

that'd be fun but often times those ships go idoc and poof because the owners were cheaters, storing cheater stuff. No reason to change something that has had unintended benefits to the rest of the player base.

6. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I checked, you couldn't lock things down in a ship. If that is still the case, the items would go *poof* way before the ship does. Has that changed?

7. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

That hasn't changed.

However, anything in the ship's hold will remain just as if it was in a secure chest in your home.

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Maybe this is an opportunity for the devs to help fisher men. Allow a fisherman to drop a hook at the point of an idoc'd ship once it's disappeared, with a chance to recover a chest with the remains of said ship in a marked treasure chest. Maybe the chest could read that it was recovered from <insert ship's name>?.

Could create a new profession. Ship Idoc looter...la

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

...or could just add the stuff that poofs in hulls into regular fishing chest loot. Imagine fishing up a chest and it has a bod book full of normal weapon bods, or a bag with 100 xmas tree deeds...or 50 val hammers...fishing would definitely become more interesting. :p

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

hehe I love the idea of stuff from ships going into the "pool" of MIB loot... that would make fishing more fun.

11. Jhym

Jhym Guest

*imagines fishing up bag after bag of exceptionally crafted candelabras*

You -know- people would specifically leave filled bags of junk on the ships just to mess up the fishing pool and be annoying.

:wall:

12. Green Meanie

Green Meanie Guest

At first i realy thought the idea of ship items going into the pool as fishable items novel but its said to say that the quate above is 100% true:cursing:

13. I think houses should go *poof* as well for pretty much the same reason, not to mention getting millions, if not billions, of gold worth of items and resources (not to mention 1m checks in some) out of the economy that now are just ending up getting recycled. Some of which are obviously dupes that are just ending up back in someone's hands and getting dumped into the market.

14. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If everything was designed with cheaters in mind there wouldn't be any bags of sending and you should probably take recall out too, because cheaters use it.

15. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I can actually see a phase of the sinking ship with a timer on it, say one hour,
    and a fisherman either on shore or in a boat could loot something from the
    hold.

Like that possibility.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

16. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe some cross skill combo of fishermanship and stealing.

17. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Didnt the stuff used to stay where the ship was a long time ago....i mean like around the time of UO:R?

18. This isn't even close to the point I was trying to make. Did you even take time to read the entire post, or just the line that affected you personally? :next:

19. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also the ship cargo can be filled by others. Can pull up next to a ship and drop things into it. So could of been the leftovers of some SOS chest. Way I used to have fun with the unattended 8x8ers. Fill the hold with bunch of loose things.