1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about IDOCs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jan 18, 2013.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was setup on ATL last night fingers prepared to pick up an item and as soon as the house dropped I was instantly teleported outside so long story short was unable to grab the item and wasted a few hours..my question is is that normal? And if not why did it happen to me and I clearly saw about 30 other people standing where they were prior to the house dropping and unaffected

Just curious for future IDOCS maybe I wasn't standing in a valid location

2. Sauteed Onion

The most recent IDOC I went to was a keep, and I was not teleported outside when it fell and actually got the item I was waiting for hours for. Also, somebody was kind enough to start spawning harrowers but I didn't get a garb from them XD

3. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

think if you are inside it will kick you outside of footprint if i remember right

4. Blood Ghoul

It seems random..It might have something to do with you falling on lets say a chest or something below you. If the space you were about to occupy was invalid it boots you out.. just a guess though as it's happened once to me so far and other times I didn't get moved.

5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was also told that as well afterwards but everyone that was standing next to the robes when the house fell didnt..it was weird I was just curious thank you :)

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you were on he second floor or third and an item was below you, that is the reason. If its the house I'm thinking of since you said robes, I doubt there was much left after the scripts finished. Public idoc's go quick due to scripters knowing the item I'd of their target. :(

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

In one house I did not get booted out but my Pets did..... thought that was odd..... Most the time I'm not booted.

8. Rafman

Rafman Seasoned Veteran

It is not normal. When an IDOC falls, you remain in the exact position you were standing before the fall, whether you were standing inside, or outside.

The reason this happened to you: when there are a LOT of ppl at an idoc, lag tends to kick in. And with massive lag sometimes a few glitches such as these can happen. I've even heard as recently as 2 weeks ago of someone being 'telestormed' to a city as an idoc fell.

So bottom line: lag must have kicked in, with a negative side effect for you. Odds are it won't happen again.

9. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

I have seen it in the past, preferrably in higher floors, that you are kicked to your house sign. In one of these situations also my unmounted beetle disappeared. (But this later part was about 3 years ago.)

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was kicked to the bottom right of the 18x18 not under the sign if that makes it any different and had no pack animals..although I did at one IDOC on chessy have pack animals with me to hold some silver when it fell and they were teleported out of the house and apparently some people knew it would happen because they dropped boxes to block movement..