1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] question about Imbuing items

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by mrrippletip, Sep 17, 2009.

1. mrrippletip

mrrippletip Guest

ok, hypothetical question:

say i have two mules...one with 120 Blacksmith, 120 Tailor, GM Carpentry, Tinker, Bowcraft, Mining...the other with no skills at all except 120 Imbuing

if i craft a weapon with the 1st mule, and i want to imbue it with the 2nd mule...can i imbue it with the 2nd mule without having any other skills on that char?

does imbuing work as a "stand alone" skill in the sense that i don't technically need the other skills on the mule that does the imbuing?

or is there some kind of minimum complementary skill requirement to imbue an item? like, do i have to have a certain level of Blacksmithy if i want to imbue a kryss?

thanx in advance

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes and yes.

3. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Imbuing is stand alone...and I had the plan to have a seperate imbuer.

But just as a warning...
    Someone pointed out to me that a carpenter mule needs 75 imbuing to make the soul forges.
    So now my overcrowded carpenter mule is playing with soulstones and such to make sure he has 75 imbuing.
    Not sure if imbuing is a complimentary skill for anything else yet.

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mysticism spells have bonus from imbuing skill.

5. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Okay, let me just ask? How many soulforges do you need? I plan on working up my imbuer, then I will just take my carpentry off my mule and make a soulforge or two, then put carpentry back on my mule. What could be easier?

6. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly! The "market" for soul forges was the first week of expansion, the peeps that pursued trng 24/7 made an average of 25 million each - more power to them!

As you said, you only need one and they are so damned big, I wouldn't want to place them in multiple houses. Sure is convenient doing at home with all the varied resources all within reach instead of pack muling to Tel Mur...