1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about item decay within a house

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by gortman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

As long as the house is kept refreshed, do items left on the floor not decay? I'm talking about things that aren't locked down.

It's been almost a decade since I last played - my memory on this is beyond fuzzy.

Thanks!

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Just about everything that isn't locked down will decay within 3 hours. Exceptions are very old items made before stuff could be locked down, soulstones, vet reward statues, taps of sosaria, blackrock, and other odd items. That stuff will stick around forever. On the other end of the spectrum, newbie items such as wrist watches, old dread lord heads, and newbie clothing will decay very rapidly. It used to be that items that weighed over 400 stones (as in 60k stacks of leather) would not decay, but they snuck a patch in that burned some of us (hi, still bitter! hehe) so that stuff now poofs like anything else does.

To lock down an item or container (items inside will be immobile), say: I wish to lock this down
    To secure a container (so you can move the items around inside but they wont decay), say: I wish to secure this
    To release, say: I wish to release this

3. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So if I drop my Tapestry of Sosaria on the floor, and don't lock it down, it'll just sit there and not decay? o_O

...does that mean I can use this method to save a lockdown? >_>

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can, but of course anyone in your house can just pick it up, and when you go into custom mode it'll get kicked outside the house.