1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Lavaliere Necklace...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Someone mentioned that "Kinectic Eater 20%" on this item works for more than physical dmg... Anyone know if that's true?

2. Macrophage

Macrophage Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Each time you are hit there is a roll check and randomly a resist type is chosen, if that resist type is the same than what hit you, then you ll get 20% of the damage back, after a delay.

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well.. I know for sure that the Kinetic Eater 5% on the Ranger Cloak doesn't function like you suggested. I cast over 100 magic arrows at myself giving it plenty of time to do the Eater regen animation in between and never saw it. I'm not sure about the Lavaliere necklace though.... it's totally possible it's bugged and functions like you described, but I don't have 1 to test lol. I gave TC 1 a brief look and didn't see it in the "Give Arties" bags in the bank either.. Can you get lavaliere without killing Slasher on TC ?

4. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Kinetic eater is physical damage. Magic arrow does fire damage. Your cloak isn't going to give you back any health. In order for you to absorb the damage from a magic arrow, you would need "fire eater".

5. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for not reading my 1st post......

6. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Kenetic eater is NOT physical damage. I've tested this myself. Kenetic is melee and ranged WEAPONS and not spells. If you don't believe me get one on and try different weaps with different elemental damages.

7. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Kinetic is a term usually used with energy, so maybe it is simply an energy eater. I see items with damage eater (which I would think is melee) and there are also cold eaters, fire eaters, and poison eaters...

I may be wrong but my thought would be the lavalier is an energy eater. I don't recall seeing other items that specifically say energy eater, so they just used the fancy name of kinetic?

8. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Kinetic is Physical only, as far as I know.

ki·net·ic   /kɪˈnɛtɪk, kaɪ-/
    [ki-net-ik, kahy-]
    –adjective
    1. pertaining to motion.
    2. caused by motion.
    3. characterized by movement: Running and dancing are kinetic activities.

The other 4 Damage types are all elemental and should all have corresponding eaters, I bet we just have not seen them all yet.

9. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The only spell it could possibly work with is Bombard, as that is the ONLY spell I can think of that is a Physical damage spell, all others deliver some type of elemental damage.

10. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

peon, same vexxed thats my homie?

i wear cloak and lavaliere on six, imho its just physical.. but i do get healed back from it. i never wore one without other..

damage is like 5 seconds i would say, then it adds to your health...

i like it

11. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

earthquake is physical