1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Question about Luck in Tr Hunting after 86 pub

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Cocaine1, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

In putch description there were several phrases about Luck, concernignTreasure hunting:

1) Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot.

2) Loot generated in Felucca has a 1000 point luck bonus applied to it, as well as bonuses to budgets used in item property generation.

3) Additional monster loot items will be spawned based on party size and luck.

So i got diferent questions about every punct:
    To 1) - There is several moments in the proces of Treasure map maintainig where the Luck may bee taken in to accopunt:
    1. Geting the Map(Killing the monster) /Chest with map
    2. Opening the Chest with map
    3. Decoding the map
    4. Digging out the chest map
    5. Lockpicking the chest
    My question - What is the moment ( i hope the only 1 moment) at wich the Luck is taken in the consideration for Treasure loot quality. And the calculation is the same for loot in monster and for loot in Treasure chest?

To 2) - I just Just hope what this is true for Treasure chest loot.

To 3) - Party "Luck" has any influence to Treasure chest loot ? And question about the moment of counting of party luck like to 1).

Ideal answers will be given by Devs. May bee @Kyronix have a minute to answer this questions.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Best place to ask this would be in the Uhall there is a subforum for asking devs questions.

With that being said, my experience and thoughts would be as follows...

1. The luck would take place when digging up the chest, that is when it spawns and I don't think that decoding it, lockpicking it, or getting the map would make any difference but I will post in the ask the devs section and see if I can get an answer.

2. I am not sure what you are asking here...

3. Party luck should only affect spawns when they die and not the chest itself.

3. Joshua Ravenloft

Joshua Ravenloft Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Taken from UO.com site:

Does luck affect loot in treasure chests?

It's important to note that luck only affects the magic items you find as loot on monsters. It doesn't improve items that you find in any kind of treasure chest and it doesn't affect the amount of gold a monster drops. It also does not play a part in runic crafting or enhancement.

4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

That was last updated in 2007. They did change it for pub 86 http://uo.com/article/Publish-86-TC1

• Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot.

5. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

The luck of whomever digs up the chest, at the moment they dig it up is used to calculate loot intensity. At the core, loot from mobs and in treasure chests is generated the same, the numbers that factor into those calculations for intensity however, are generated differently.

6. grimiz

grimiz Seasoned Veteran

@Kyronix I usually Pre-mark runes to my map locations then hit the luck statue later so I can get more done per night. Am I losing out on the luck bonus by partial digging and marking runes?

Also, there seems to be a bug where an unreachable 'extra' metal chest spawns below ground where you dig sometimes. You can see it using the object handles.

7. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

The luck check occurs once you start digging up the chest and only occurs once. As for the bug issue, if you want to detail the steps you took to have this issue you can email them to [email protected].

8. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've had the extra chest, it seems to happen if I dig but then move. Normally I have two accounts(bard and hunter) and it the hunter is to close to the chest I'll move her and redig which causes the bug.

9. grimiz

grimiz Seasoned Veteran

Hi @Kyronix - So if I am to understand this right. I can go around and pre-mark by starting the dig then cancelling. If I later go back and re-dig with higher luck it should use my higher luck since it seems to spawn a new chest for each dig session.

The bug with the leftover chests occur when you get the message "You have found the treasure but something is preventing the chest from being dug up." I'll email that to bugs. I've tried unlocking the extra chests for more loot, but they are out of reach - so not a very big bug, just a quirk.

I've also been getting/doing maps where the treasure is under a house :/ Could have been transferred from another shard I suppose.

Thanks!

10. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Luck is grabbed every time a digging session is initiated.

For maps that are under a house, your best bet is to put them away until they reset with a new location.

Loren likes this.
  11. grimiz

grimiz Seasoned Veteran

Even if already decoded they can get a new location? That is news to me! Thanks!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!