1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about mining gems

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by StaticOnAtlantic, Apr 12, 2008.

1. I just read the mining book to get gems and rocks

my problem is to get gems do i have to be on mining for rock?

or just to mine for regular ore?

thanks

2. I think the only requirement to get Gems is to be GM level miner (with or without gloves). My miner has never read the book (assuming you are talking about the book in Gargoyle City so that you can mine granite\rock) and mines up Gems all the time.

3. Gah i been mining in fel and tram now all day and NOT ONE GEM! just blackrock

4. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yea you only need the book to dig up stone for crafting. Gems you only need gm mining for gems. Now gem spawn is completely random. There is no special place to go to get more and there are no special techniques to use to get more to spawn. You will not get alot in a mining session. Just have to keep mining.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

gem spawn is pretty streaky at best... i mined for about 4 hours yesterday on and off and got 1 fire ruby, no blackrock. All in Fel, maybe I'll try a different facet later. *sigh*

6. just did 1 1/2 hours and 11 gems no blackrock in tram.

7. I have found mining in tram gets you more gems.Fel gives me more blackrock.I always opt for fel for the double the resources.Also being a elf helps in getting gems