1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about mining

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Syfka, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Syfka

Syfka Guest

:please:Ok so i am working on a miner and as it goes my mining is already in the 90's i thought it would take forever but thank the skies it hasn't but what i am wondering is at what point level do you begin to mine up black rock? If anyone could help me out with this i would be more than great full thank you in advance. :thumbup:

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

As far as i know, you can only pull up blackrock if you have a chance of pulling up gems and that means GM. When you get to 95 just wear some +5gloves to get the gems and a chance at some blackrock.

3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same, last I knew you had to be GM, I know many that dropped their mining .1 so they wouldn't mine any up. If memory serves me right, I also think now (for the las few months) you have to have 2 (the 2nd piece being one you just mined up) to pop a BRE, but I could be wrong.

4. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My GM miner has never pulled up blackrock or a BRE. Just my dumb luck i guess but i always wonder if the fact that i never had any blackrock in my backpack may have helped me dodge that bullet.

5. Syfka

Syfka Guest

thank you so much for all your help and about not having any black rock and dodging the bullet lol not going to happen i know someone who never had any blakcrock in the backpack and one day mined up about 4 pieces. :)

6. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Where abouts does the BRE appear, 1 tile directly beside the miner? I been considering getting back into boatmining, but I dont want the damn thing on my boat.

7. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I can only assume they will appear where you dig as the other elementals do.

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Blackrock Elementals no longer spawn. They were turned off around the time we received the valentines cards this year. In order to mine blackrock, you have to be gm miner either natural or with gloves and it can be mined up anywhere you would get gems. I've gotten them in Tram, Fel, and in Malas.

9. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Link or I call SHENANIGANS!

Still, even if its true, no big loss. Im actually breathing a small sigh of relief, my miner has no combat skills at all, and runs screaming like a little girl from rats and snakes.

10. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Link?

11. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ding it the info where Jeremy stated no more BRE is in the old forums, but there is a mention of no BRE to cause problems in the Valentine pub 50.

Ori

12. K'torr

K'torr Guest

BRE on longer spawn. I have dug up about 10 small pieces since the Moonglow event, and haven't gotten 1 BRE.

13. About 95 ... the same level you can start pulling up the gems.

14. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

I'm beginning to think that blackrock no longer spawns - haven't gotten any in ages. To mine you need GM mining - just like other mining gems

15. Juicy Fruit

Juicy Fruit Guest

Pub 50 notes states ... (I never saw this lol, good to know)

"Blackrock elementals will not be a factor in your Valentine's Day mining activities"

http://update.uo.com/design_586.html

16. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

FYI, if you are trying to get to GM mining, a good way is to smelt verite and valorite ore. Do them 1 ore at a time.

I would wait until around 96 skill before trying the smelting.

17. Blackrock does still spawn...and without the Elementals spawning, it can be hard to tell you got one since they are quite dark and small...not to mention the system message you get gets buried in the mining and smelting messages.

They are very rare, I can go days without seeing a single one...and on some days I'll get several.

All in the RGN luck I suppose.

And yes...you do have to have GM mining to get them (just to reaffirm what everyone else is saying).

18. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I recently built a new miner. BRE no longer spawns. BR does still spawn, I got about 8 pieces yesterday, in Tram. You need to be a GM miner to pull BR and Gems.