1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about my Siege house

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Draxous, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I am one of the few (if only) players left with grandfathered housing on both a prodo shard and on siege on the same account.

I have for more than a decade settled for the confines of a small house on Siege and an L shape on atlantic (an L shape mind you, cannot be customized.) I made the choice long ago to have this and have given up a lot for that choice. Essentially, I have had to sacrifice for over a decade in order to keep my homes.

As of... tomorrow, players will be able to place houses on Siege.

I need to know that my situation was/is taken into consideration. I do not want to wake up tomorrow to find that my homes are subject to refresh. Can someone please let me know what the deal is.

Thanks in advance.

yars likes this.
  2. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

We all feel for your sacrifice, your cross and nails will arrive within 2-4 weeks. Thanks for shopping the home martyr network.

But to answer your question, since you only have 2 houses it appears that they are both auto-refreshed, or rather the omission of a 'if you have both houses placed, you need to door refresh them' leads me to believe they both would be auto-refreshed.

But then again, it is EA...

-H

#2 Hera - Siege, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Nobody can be sure what issues may or may not arise with grandfathered housing or what bugs the new system may have. But refreshing is not part of this whole deal. The Siege and prodo houses are both "primary", meaning they should remain standing as long as you do not place elsewhere or let the account go inactive for three months.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I fear you can't place, without losing your grandfathered house on the type of shard, where you place a new one.
    I guess, they moved Siege/Mugen to it's own house server/group, just like the test center shards. If so, you can place on TC without hurting your grandfathered houses, I think you can place on Siege too without hurting your house on prodo shard. your small Siege house will start decay.

5. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Not to burst your bubble...but I'm plenty old enough to have grandfathered houses and if memory serves me right I did place a house somewhere on great lakes about 15 years ago and still have the account active. And i'd dare to say I have the oldest placed castle on Siege :)

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you just have those two houses seems to me you could demolish them both and place larger ones on each respective shard if you wanted to. Otherwise I would imagine it would be exactly the same for you, but I don't know for sure.

Will probably take a few days to sort it all out.

#6 Uvtha, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

The sour taste in my mouth is all the years I sat and held on to what is essentially, garbage right now. At the very least, I should be given something too if everyone's just going to be given a free home on a shard I had to work extremely hard for and keep. That's over a decade of experiences/fun I could have had. Now everyone has access to better than me.

Awesome.

8. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

No bubble burst. Just didn't know.

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Whatever man, that was your choice. Besides you got the benefit of having more houses on more shards than you should have. Just upgrade your homes now, have more fun and experiences.

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

And why isn't it a part of the deal?

I can get creative with this.

How about if grandfathered houses are on an account, then placing a primary house wouldn't cause any to decay. Essentially, I can have another house on any shard of my choosing.

11. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Do you know how many castles and other plots I've had to pass up over the years? The fact that I'm old enough to have had a choice doesn't make that choice any less profound.

Don't give me a ****ing whatever-man. Giving any customer a **** you is a poor business plan.

I should have what I've always had. And if not, then I should be given something for it.

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Why? If they compensated every person in the game that felt slighted by this change or another the game would shut down. It's an mmo... **** changes. So either pout about it, or like the rest of us who had grandfathered homes, accept that its a change for the best for everyone and be happy with that.

This is something this community asked for for a long time, and we even had mesana come to talk to us about it. You should have brought it up then or here on the forums if you wanted a treat.

Because you play on siege right? :/

#12 Uvtha, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  13. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You act like I'm asking for this change to be undone. Please save your lecture and get the **** out of my thread. You have nothing to do with my situation so i have no ****ing clue why you've decided to put down any sort of class you had and open your mouth.

Participating on this messageboard or anything has nothing to do with my participation in this game.

Thank you very ****ing much.

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Draxous. You had the benefit of two houses on the account for years. Something we did not have. Now you are free to move and place where ever you wish. This is a win for you.

Now ask me to get the **** out if "your" thread. *smiles* All your posts are belong to Stratics.

#14 kelmo, Jun 22, 2013
    Blaeke and Tazar like this.
  15. Førsaken_

Førsaken_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

KELMOD FOR GOVERNOR

16. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

This is not a win for me. The ****s a matter with you.

I'm not sure what stake you have in my situation. Or anyone else offering their opinion on how this impacts me.

Thanks for being a steward of community.

17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You can now have two larger houses. You are free from the tiny huts you have held on to for ages.

18. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

aww

19. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Awesome. Because the larger houses in primo locations that I could have placed means nothing. I can be treated just like everyone else who hasn't owed a 2nd home on siege.

Thanks Kelmo!

20. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

you could have always just placed a bigger and payed another account like rest of us
    was your choice why is it kelmo fault you chose smaller houses 2 shards over castle seige you save what price how many years for 2 houses over one

21. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I did. I kept my main account gimped because it was special. Now it's **** and I look like a fool for ever buying into the idea.

22. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

What? You chose to do this. Are you so special you need an invitation to go trade two small houses in for larger ones? You could keep both huts until they qualify for an old timer banner I suppose... What do you really want here?

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You do realize things change?

24. Becca

Becca Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Drax I also have a grandfathered small tower here that i lived out of
    Its so old it has a historic banner in front of it and I dont see your point

25. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

[​IMG]

#25 Tjalle, Jun 22, 2013
    Leather Lucy and MANSBETH like this.
  26. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Knock if off *locks thread*....errrr

#26 GarthGrey, Jun 22, 2013
    Leather Lucy, Rumpy and Blaeke like this.
  27. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You start a post you are inviting people to respond. You don't want responses PM Messana. I have as much to do with you situation as anyone else since you decided to come complain about it here.

As for questioning my "classiness" as you spew expletives like a 5 year old when you don't like that no one feels any sympathy for your entitled foot stomping... I sure do "love your style". :p

Bottom line... you made a choice, one that obviously WAS beneficial to you for many years. Assuming that the situation would never change or devalue, or that if it did for some reason you would get a present for it, was a gamble. When you gamble sometimes you lose.

You lost. Tough luck Chum...

...p.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  28. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Obviously, what I want is to continue to have something special.

I've already suggested ways to make that happen. I'm not asking to stop others from having what they're getting, so I'm really confused why you feel you need to tell me how awesome getting the shaft on this should feel. Thank you.

Maybe you expect being treated like **** as a paying customer, but I do not. I expect that this relationship is fair and equitable. Not the relationship between me and any other, but EA.

Next time you're out shopping at target, anywhere, and you see someone at the customer service line. Remember to take a moment out of your life and lecture them on how they should be happy with what they got. You'll be a ****ing rockstar.

yars likes this.
  29. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I asked what the deal was. I didn't ask your opinion on what you thought about the deal. That. You did all on your own.

Pull it out the left side of your cheek. Ok **** boi?

#29 Draxous, Jun 22, 2013
  30. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

And you were told what the deal was, then you started asking for handouts. My opinion on it was freely given. Thats what happens on a public forum.

31. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously, Kelmo, you lock the cheater thread and not this thread that is picking on Draxous? Wake up!!!

Rumpy and yars like this.
  32. andyjacksons

andyjacksons Journeyman

iv had a sour taste in my mouth because iv had to demolish houses when iv moved to siege , i felt robed that i couldnt have two or moor grandfartherd houses but i guess some have bean lucky to have houses on two shards .
    and know one has access better than you because theese rules aply to all included you and as a long standing player im sure you have seen loads of changes some fair some not

Blaeke likes this.
  33. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Did you earn and place a grandfathered house on Siege, at that time!?!?!?

If anyone has a customer support #, email address, or anything where I can discuss my situation with the people directly responsible for causing it... please share so I can end this circus. I know Mythic is about finding win-win situations for it's playerbase.

Grandfathered housing is supposed to be special for a reason.

#33 Draxous, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  34. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

gee wiz guys give it a rest - I gave up all my grandfathered house (10 on 5 shards) to place a New Magencia House when I came to siege full time.

35. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

I will save you some time old friend here is a part of the Terms of Service you agreed to all those many years ago that basically allow EA to do anything they like to their game without contacting you first for approval:-

5. Rights and Responsibilities.

(c) Rights. You acknowledge and agree that all characters created, and items acquired and developed as a result of game play are part of the Software and Service and are the sole property of Electronic Arts.

36. andyjacksons

andyjacksons Journeyman

Draxous if it all gets too much for you and you quit can i have your stuff

Uvtha and IanJames like this.
  37. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

customer service

Web definitions
    Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase..

38. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Terms of Service and Customer Service are mutually exclusive, no one could really dispute the utter lack of the latter but the former certainly exists and anyone who plays is bound by it.

39. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

It is most certainly not mutually exclusive. Every time a customer stops participating (disengages from the product) because of poor customer service or participates (engages the product) because of good customer service it is in no way shape or form, mutually exclusive.

If a company has a choice between win-win and win-lose for its customers, and they choose the latter. How much winning is that company not achieving?

Thanks for trying to justify poor customer service though.

#39 Draxous, Jun 23, 2013
  40. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Some posts have been removed. Please try to keep this discussion civil.
    To the best of my knowledge grandfathered houses are unaffected and it has to be said that most people who have such homes have significantly more that two of them.
    If you only have two I suggest you take advantage of this change to move forward to having two larger homes that can both be set 'primary' without penalty.

41. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Please put me in contact with whomever at EA/Mythic can address my concerns.

Thank you in advance.

42. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Find yer own contact. It is yer concern. We told you. You are a winner for having two houses for years.

#42 kelmo, Jun 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.