1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Pinco's UIs and Tameables' goodness on display...

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by popps, Jun 23, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    Most tamers know that there are several usefull calculators out there to calculate the "rating" of tameables.

My question is, do Pinco's UIs have available anything that, when having Animal Lore one can "look" at the tameable "before" taming it and determine what the rating after taming will be ?

Something that basically does all of the calculations and displays a small gump telling the rating or a color coded thing showing a better or worse quality of the creature "after" being tamed....

This, would save quite a lot of time and avoid spending taming time to tame creatures which then, after taming would result with a lower quality and thus not "keepers"....

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    AFAIK Pincos just shows you the pet power rating. There's info about it here.

The best way to select a good pet doesn't require any calculation or taming :) Go to the Hunter's Guide page for your chosen pet, take a note of the maximum figures that your pet can spawn with. Either stick that note to the side of your monitor, or you can carry them in a book you buy from the provisioners.

You can also take note of the average spawn stats or say 95% of perfect if that was the minimum you wanted. Or say you want a better dragon than your current one, you'd list that as your base requirement. I tend to list things like "fire resist 20-35" where 20 is the average/my best pet and 35 is the max possible.

But I don't calculate anything when I'm looking at pets. I lore them and if their stats look good, then I'll tame it. I only use the power calculator to gauge the sort of price it might sell for, and give players an estimate of it's strength.

Tomarke likes this.