1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about placing a castle

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by FionanPac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. FionanPac

FionanPac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Can i place a castle IF there is a tree in the open space within the castle? Does anyone know I cant seem to find the answer..

2. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

yes, but the walkways on the second floor cannot overlap the tree

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wouldnt chance it even with the i wish to resize my house, because you only get so many trys on the tool to do it then you have to wait so many minutes to use the tool again. best thing to do is get on the test center go to where your house spot is see if no one placed there if no one did, then play around placing the castle. but if there is houses there seriously if you are in no hurry wait til they clear the test center of houses.

4. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

What he said ^ :D

5. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

or go shard hopping, and check out placement on all the different shards - Tram/Fel. On average I find what I am looking for, it may take going to the asian shards and running around dead, but they seem to have castles down pat.

6. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, you can. One of our castles on Lake Austin has a tree in the open space.

7. Murdok

Murdok Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I wanted to upgrade my keep to a castle I went to test like others have said. Used automap to drop markers on the steps and corners and the house sign. When I upgraded i stood where the new sign should be and poof...... keep turned into a castle.... 3+ months later I finally have it decorated! I may take some screen shots and let you all nit pick it!

8. FionanPac

FionanPac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for all the replies everyone i really appreciate it. I was able to place the castle and the tree actually is overlapped by the S side walkway i couldn't believe it actaully worked so for all of you who have a spot and wondered the tree goes through it!!