1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about placing a Castle

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by REEFHAWK1969, Aug 25, 2012.

1. REEFHAWK1969

REEFHAWK1969 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sometime back, i was at an IDOC where a Castle fell. I was lucky enough to place a keep in its place. I have tried placing a Castle several times and can't. There is a Tree in the way. So, I have checked on several other shards and there is a Castle in the same spot with the tree in the Court Yard. I have tried placing in the exact spot as it is placed on other shards, but to no avail. Have they made it so you can no longer place a Castle and have a tree in the Court Yard, or am I just missing the spot? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

try calling a GM and explaining there is a castle at this spot on (x) shard. He should be able to help you place it

3. REEFHAWK1969

I just tried your idea about paging a GM. Took a bit, but I got the following answer: In game support does not offer the service you are requesting.

Sounds about right, I guess. Thanks for the idea. If anyone else has any ideas, I sure would be willing to listen. Thanks to all. Spanky

4. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

A gm can do this and has done this in the recent past .email Messana and explain it including attempt with the GM .

[email protected]

5. REEFHAWK1969

Thanks for the info and the Email address. I actually emailed her Sunday evening, but i mentioned to her that I had Jury Duty yesterday and today. So, I am hoping to hear from her within the next few days. Again, thanks sooo much. Spanky

6. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

you are very welcome

7. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It all depends on the tree blocking, it it is in the courtyard area it will not get placed as some time back a change was made making the footprint also include the courtyad, i believe it waas the fix to not being able to recall into the courtyards.

Sorry :oops:

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

ok this is what you do.
    log into a shard that has a castle run around the outside of the castle. do NOT shut down the client just log off, and log back into the shard your keep is on. If you did this correctly the castle from the other shard would be on top of your keep. now place a bag or something down on the front left corner of the castle. close the client down log back in
    resize your house. use the bag or whatever you placed on the ground that is where the left corner of the castle will go.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!