1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

QUESTION About Placing Houses

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Dekadun, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Dekadun

Dekadun Guest

So I stumbled upon a Keep that collapsed today. I was running around, looking for a spot to place a Keep and got lucky. There were tons of items on the ground. I was pumped.

So I placed a Keep in the spot of the old one, and all of the items disappeared! I just returned to UO after a break. Back in the old days, if you placed a house over items from a house that had just collapsed, the items would move directly under the house sign and you would be free to take them anywhere.

My question: Is this deletion normal now? Do items just disappear if you place over them now? I paged GM's twice but didn't get a response. Most of the items were really nice deco/add-ons and I was going to use them. It's a shame that they just get deleted instead of getting some use.

2. LunaCityVendors

LunaCityVendors Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not aware of this happening however IDOCs are turned off and have been for a month due to account mitigation issues and only ones falling are ones placed or acquired by players which causes their old ones to decay.

I've never seen the items disappear and you are correct they should have appeared under the sign so seems something is bugged there.

3. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Easiest way to testing this is to do it on the Test Shard and see if items vanish.

Where they actual items or where they deco items (like old pictures, banners etc that you need deeds for?)

4. Dekadun

Dekadun Guest

Interesting..
    There were lots of bags and chests full of add-on deeds.
    I snagged a few bags before placing a new one, so it wasn't a total loss.
    There were some miscellaneous armor pieces and jewelry that were garbage, but that's it, really.
    This is where the Keep was, and where I placed the new one.

[​IMG]

5. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm the picture seems broken :-s It seems strange that this happened although not unheard off. In the past sometimes hosues placed over items, the items would remain where they were 'under' the house and you would have to call a GM to retreive them. In these days however you'll be lucky to get a GM to respond before the items decay. :/