1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about plants.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Anderuin, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

I just came back to the game not long ago and decided to take up plants again. I can't remember, can I have my plants locked down or secure in a bag in my house? Or do they just have to be locked down on the ground? Thanks!!

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Plants will not grow in a secure container. They will grow locked down in your house. I don't know if they grow locked down inside a container. Welcome back. :)

3. miss uo

miss uo Guest

I keep my plants on a char and blue beetle. I prefer this method because the system only does a growth check when I log on.

4. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

Ok thanks for the info.

5. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Plants will not grow in a locked down or secured container -

They will perform a growth check -

1) Locked down on the ground/table/etc in your house
    2) In your personal backpack
    3) In your beetle's pack.

I don't know of any other circumstances in which they will do the daily growth check.

6. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

They can also be in your bank.

As a note, if you are growing in your backpack or bank, the plants can be in other packs to help sort them. Also, the growth check doesnt happen unless you log in, so if for some reason you cannot log in for a week, you dont have a bunch of dead plants.

I do not know if pack sorting works for the beetle, as I have never done it.

7. Works for me. I keep my plants in packs in my beetle. It's good to know that all my plants won't be dead if I can't log on to care for them.