1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Protection, debuffs and soulstoning skills....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Oct 25, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When applying the Protection spell which makes spells not to fizzle, there are penalties.

For example, Risisting Spells drops and quite some.

I just tried this and turning on Protection drops on a character of mine Resisting Spells from 106.9 down to 72.9 .

Now, say that one "forgets" to have protection on, and wants to soulstone Resisting Spells, what happens to the skill figure ?

I mean, the real resisting spells that I have is 106.9 NOT 72.9.

But "if" I soulstone resisting spells while having protection on and thus the resisting spell down to 72.9 won't it happen that the soulstone will record 72.9 instead of the actual 106.9 that I really have ?

Of course, I do NOT want to test it and loose 34 points in resisting spells for good....

Anyone knows FOR SURE what would happen soulstoning a debuffed skill while having Protection on ?

An official word from a rep here would be VERY welcome...

Thanks.

2. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Test Center?!

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Err well what does it say when you try to put the skill on a soulstone? The real amount of skillpoints or modified..

4. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Absolutely not being as how difficult it is to train magic resist...:thumbsup:

5. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

check the amount listed that will be added to soulstone, itll be the true amount. Soulstones will absorb the Real Skill not modified, cuz if it did then people would start with like 50 taming, put on items for like 35 taming and then stone off the 85 and make it real. Its the same for Faction Chars in statloss, they can stone off the real skill not the modified statloss amount.
    and yes ive stoned Resist spells on and off of my mage while having protection on, the stones are able to see real skill. hope that helps :D

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Agreed - stones are REAL skill levels, not modified. I too have stoned skills off and on my characters with little issue. Only caveat is that the receiving character MUST have the ability to absorb all the skill on the stone if the level is >100.0.

7. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

To answer your original question Popps, it stones the ACTUAL skill, not the modified one. Then after the skill is stoned, you are effectively 0 resisting spells.