1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about PVM Gargoyle Mage

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Pyccy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Pyccy

Pyccy Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 18, 2004
    Hi I wanted to ask you guys what you think is the best template for a PVM MAGE Gargoyle.
    I usually play a spellweawer/tame but I'd like to explore also gargoyles race, thing i never did.
    I'd like also to know which is the best equipment for him(including new sa items, i dont care if the equipment will be uber expensive).
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

not sure what the best is but mine does pretty good

120 magery
    120 myst
    120 focus
    120 SW
    120 resist
    120 med

many use eval,but in my opinion it's not really needed unless you plan on doing pvp with that char. i use mine mostly for SA spawns.

also some dont use resist(pretty much have it on all my char's dont like relying on trap boxes, pots, and such)

u can also use necro/SS, think some do, though not sure of the templates
  3. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I use the Crystalline Ring (so I can use a mage weapon if I want), Ornament of the Magician, Mystic's Guard, Dragon Jade Earrings, Quiver of Infinity Altered, Slither, Pendant of the Magi, Conjurer's Garb, and Barbed Runic crafted legs, arms, chest, kilt, all Imbued up to give me 100lrc, 40lmc, 11mr, and other misc. things. As soon as we are allowed to convert aprons and sashes back and forth at will, I will also have a Crimson Cincture or Tangle (don't have a Tangle atm though) and a Lt. Sash.
  4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 28, 2003

110 magery
    100 Mysticism
    100 Eval
    100 Med
    120 Imbue
    100 Tactics
    90 Resist magic

He carries mage-weapons with either 50% Lightning or 44% Fireball which he throws while casting. He wears jewelry with Magery bonus's to give him the full 110 Magery for throwing skill.

Tends to do pretty good hunting. :)
  5. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 21, 2008

120 magery
    120 evalin
    120 med
    120 focus
    120 resist
    120 mystic

My suit is all 70s(corpse proof)
    40 lmc, 100 lrc, 23mr and hes got 200 mana.
    2/6 casting, 75 sdi (-30 when using slayer books)

Well thats all I can remember atm, but its alot of fun:)