1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about PVP Melee Characters without Tactics

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rowdydude, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Rowdydude

Rowdydude Guest

Can a pure melee character (arch/sword/fence/mace) survive in PVP without Tactics?

Most of my characters dont have Tactics and i am deciding which characters to add it to and which to not

Can a melee char survive in PVP without Tactics.

I would assume i can drop Focus/Med or Resist for tactics but if i load up on dex and MR could i get by with weapon damage and added offense from skills (chiv/Bush)

Thanks

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No special moves, low damage

Definitely not a good idea.

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i wouldnt risk it.
    i run with no parry and tactics makes it waaay more worth it.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps if you post this in a third forum you'll get more answers telling you the same thing.

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The answer depends on if your fight with or against me. If your fighting with me then I would tell you to drop something else and at least get tactics to 90, but if I'm fighting against you, then you don't need tactics.

6. A melee char without tactics is prolly like a mage with no eval?

7. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Tell you what, I play a dexxer without tactics too, I picked up the new skill "yelling"

I just shout and all in my path die.....

Dude, how can you have the skills you mentioned and ask that question, I call bull****!

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think the OP was saying that he had a char with archery, fencing, macing, and swords and no tactics, or at least I don't think that was what they were saying. I think they were just listing what they classified as a melee PVP char. Not sure why they would not have tactics but load up on Med and Focus, unless they are needingng all the mana regen for spamming holy light, close wounds, lighting strike, con. weapon, and EOO after each hit, but then for PVP your probably not going to be running around casting EOO.

9. Rowdydude

Rowdydude Guest

Your right i dont have all the mellee skills on one char

What i have right now is

120 arch
    120 ana
    120 heal
    120 resist
    120 focus
    120 chiv

i wanted to know if a good weapon and these skills function in a PVP environment. I have come to the conclusion that it will not. For spawn of PVM i assume this would be a good temp

Right now i stoned chiv and focus and going 120 tactics with minimum chiv and rest in focus
    thanks for the replys

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can survive in PvP without tactics. Although you won't really be much of a threat without tactics. If you want to do some real damage and successfully compete you will need tactics.

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I take it your wearing the Jackels Collar? If so you might try finding a good gorget/mempo with something like LMC/MR/Stamina increase on it and change from focus to med (as long as you can get a fully medible suit). Without tearing your template up to much I would go with 60-65 chiv, GM tactics, and 75-80 med. As an archer your going to live and die by your specials (dismount, AI, running shot, conc blow, and mortal). It would also be better if your char is human for the lower mana requirements for the specials.

12. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Survive- yes using chiv,confidence,potions you can definetly survive. Win-no
    Without tactics you wont have specials. You can damage increase in a number of ways.
    Without specials you will have to count on bushido defensive moves and swinging. Droping med or focus and adding it will be much better. Get youre mr from armor.