1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about raising levelled difficulty Skill

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 3, 2009.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When raising a skill that is difficulty level based (like for example taming or discording or provocking and so forth), in order to raise it the fastest what exact level range is needed ?

For example, say that one is level 85, currently, what level monsters are needed to raised the skill the fastest ? Same level 85 ? A little less ? A little more ?

Thanks.

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

[​IMG]

Not sure she knows anything about taming, but I believe she works for free....

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Basically, whatever gives you around a 50% chance of success is the "sweet zone" for skill gain, so if 50% is the center point of the zone, you may have a 4 or 5 % chance in either direction leeway to stay within that zone.

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

WTH is that thing??

5. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

It is a "rare" item that is designed to drop specifically for ........

Nah, I can't say it.

I want popps to want one and then start complaining because he doesn't have one and use his typical arguments about the injustice of the situation.

(Hint: Search uoguide.com.)

Edited to add: No, I don't own one....anywhere. Too lazy to try for one.

6. popps

popps Always Present

Can you please make an example to make me and other interested players better understand?

For example, say that a player has the skill to be raised at current 85 level, what would be the "sweet" zone in animal/monsters to play the skill with ?

The 50% you mention meaning a level difficulty skill of 85/2 = 42 or 43 ?

So an animal or monster with a difficulty level of 42 or 43 is the best option for a player raising a skill currently at 85 ?

And the second part you mention means that animals or monsters within 4% or 5% of 42 or 43 difficulty rating will still be in that sweet zone ?

Thanks.

7. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Are you banned from the Tamers forum or something, popps? The info's there. It's even stickied!

8. popps

popps Always Present

Just thought that since this affects many skills, not merely tamers, a good and comprehensive answer could be more of interest and visual to other players on UHall.

That is, players trying to raise, say, provocation, or for example Alchemy might not read the tamers' forum but could UHall..........

Besides, a "generic" question which affects various skills is better placed on UHall than on some specific skill forum, I think.

9. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's anything that you have a 45-55% chance of succeeding at.
    In crafting, you will find this success chance on the tool gump.
    For taming, spellcasting, and weapons skills there are lots of tables on stratics and other help sites.

10. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

popps, take a look at the posts in this thread from last summer regarding gains in parrying:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=94904.

The idea of "focus" for skill gains is explained on the uo.com website in the playguide, in the introduction to the section on skills: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=21. Look under the "Skill Improvement, Spells and Abilities, and You" heading for a little teaser about the concept.

Sometimes getting gains may not be as simple as just finding the right stuff to kill/make.

Someone will surely correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe using skill talismans while crafting may also affect your chances at getting gains. Haven't done any real investigating of it myself, but seem to recall reading about it a time or two.

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

think this has been hashed out in bard and tamer forums, hmmm or just spawn a few pink scrolls or buy them and do that way!!!!!!!!