1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

question about reflect physical...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SixUnder, Apr 4, 2011.

1. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

anyone run with lots of it anymore? i made a new suit around it and didnt notice much returned damage at all. is it capped or what?

i know there was a change but i read past it long ago. any help?

100 reflect useless?

2. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I made a 105 reflect suit for my mage a few months ago for kicks. From what I could, tell the reflected damage isn't direct damage. It still checked by the opponents physical resist and they take less damage than what you reflected back on them. IMO it isn't worth the property slot it takes up.

3. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

I have a guy who runs a Bloodwood RPD suit which I do enjoy. You have to make sure that the physical resist on the suit is the lowest of all to avoid issues with cons weapon. If someone is attacking you with a 100%phys weapon it works wonderfully but if its something else the returned damage is reduced.

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its just a bit of extra damage against dexxers and archers who can't be bothered to make split resist weapons. Not sure if Mysticism's physical damage spells are reflected back though?

5. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

armor ignores ignore the reflect capability completely. not worth building this suit

6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Widow Said:
    The MASTER at work lololololol.... Every property has a use if your smart enough to find it Something being "worth it" or not depends on what your OTHER options are. If for instance you've Maxxed out EVERY other option that matters to your template then Sure go ahead & put Reflect on there. It won't hurt. (I do have to check if it's direct dmg now that it was mentioned, but dmg is dmg it all helps)

7. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

And after you survive the AI dump RPD works fine. If you have a good set up on a good char it is not a bad thing. Do I use it on my main pvping chars, no but it makes for a good time screwing around at the gate.

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is interesting to note that Attunement absorbs physical damage but the damage is still reflected back to the opponent.

I had a character once that I built 150 HP into his suit, 100 RPD. The physical was extremely low, and I threw on protection as well to ensure that the physical was as low as it could get.

Sometimes when I was fighting melee characters I would purposely cast attunement and then disarm my weapon. Lots of people just killed themselves.

But yes, with quivers and how easy it is to not have phys dmg from a weapon, it is not as useful as it might sound.

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

RPD does not add up like LRC. Each item with RPD makes its own check and goes off or not. You see small damage numbers overhead. So of your wearing 6 15% items and you see 3 small damage numbers overhead, then half went off.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That isn't how it used to be.. and last I wore my RPD suit was about 2 years ago.

When did you check this?