1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Sacrifice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Man of UO, Jul 11, 2009.

1. My sacrifice numbers seem to be wrong and I don't quite understand it.

Yesterday I was at 9/10 in the Sacrifice Virtue (as shown by KR). I sacrificed high fame to a lich and my fame reset to zero as it should. This morning when I logged in and went to sacrifice, it said I couldn't because my 24 hours time between sacrifices wasn't done, but I noticed that my sacrifice level was now 0/10 and "barely on the path."

What happened? Did I roll over the number cap?

I can't check it by death/resurrection because of multiple client crashes after the patch, but something isn't right.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I believe you have to wait until 24 or more hours after your last sacrifice. It does not reset at midnight it actually needs to be 25 hours after pretty much. Also.... Sacrifice does not just have one level it has 3. To become a Knight of sacrifice you must fill in all the bubbles 3 times. After the first set you can sacrifice once a week, the second set you can do it 2 times a week and after the third set you can do it 3 three times a week.

Also please note that to keep it .... it does decay at a rather speedy rate. I find to keep my Knight of Sacrifice status I need to fill up my fame/karma and sacrifice about once every week to 10 days.

Hope that helps.

3. Ya... I know about the 3 title levels, but it actually has 10 levels before maxing out. It does NOT decay 10 levels in less than one day, but rather about 3 in a week. That I know about and wasn't really asking that question.

I just sacrificed again, and am now at 2/10. Last night I was a 9/10, sacrificed and went to 0/10.

This is what I was asking, how that could be?

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

What does your title say when you mouse over the sacrifice symbol on your paper doll? And how intense is the orange?

I know that Honor does exactly what you are saying to me all the time. So much so infact that I got very annoyed with working honor at all and just plain gave it up because everytime I "should" gain it to Knight it resets all the way to nothing.

5. It says "Follower of Sacrifice." Obviously it reset to zero. I reported it as a bug... now I will send it in as an FOF question to see if it can get fixed.

At least it's not a Gargoyle question!

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You need to go 3 Tiers from 0 to 10 (in KR) to reach the highest Level of the Virtue.

You did not loose anything, you just on the second step of it. :)

First you are Seeker then Follower then Knight.

7. Hmm... okay... that is confusing the way it advances. I understand now. Thanks Frarc.