1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about scrolls making non magery spells easier to cast?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ok... so somewhere in the depths of 17 years I know that a magery scroll casts a given spell as if it was 2 spell circles smaller.... so a 7th circle flamstrike scroll would cast as if it was a 5th circle spell for determin your chance of fizzling...... What I cannot remember is if this is true for Mysticism / necromancy / spell weaving scrolls.....Anyone know? Ultimately I just want say corpse skin for a 40 sdi focus mage heh... I honestly don't think the scrolls make it easier to cast for anything but magery but I'm not positive....

ANYONE?

2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i used to use them for events to get into wrath for events when damage mattered. so necro ones definitely work. im assuming all do but have only tried necro.

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So...lemme know if I assume wrong..... but I'm thinking your on a human character and thus have 20 necromancy which is the min skill for wraith... with a scroll did you fizzle much? Not quite sure how 2 spell circles lower translates in necro...

4. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

well i been using that trick for couple years now, joat human pure sdi mage using omen scroll for insane flamestrike, thing is at 20 necro you fail 50% of the time even with a scroll, but I heard at 29,9 necro you will fail only 25% of the time, best combo is omen + poison for lethal ;).

You could do corpse skin even without spirit speak but youd need to omen first then corpse skin right after . So youd need both scrolls in your backpacks all the time heh.

5. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

joat would work but i had 20 necro on garg and used the scroll for better success rate.

6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm... yea I just haven't played a pure focused caster in awhile that didn't have some other gimmick to use. I'll have to test it and see how much a scroll improves your chance to cast.... Probably just make 100 necro scrolls and see how many I fizzle.

7. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I use wraith scrolls a lot with my human bard. With JOAT, I fizzle maybe 30 to 40% of the time.