1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Server infrastructure

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Druido2, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

Hello all,

I have seen this problem growing faster......Have you guys considering making a DR for the important servers so that service will not go down with any issues, Or have you concider renting space at a Colo facility so that your service will not get inturrepted. I dont know what kind of servers you are running at this time, but have you concider looking into VMware structure in with the servers, this will provide you with a faster reponse time when issues occure specially if you think of getting the HA(high Availability) license. Hopefuly you take this into account since you might avoid any problems with downtime.

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Main problem is to put all (both) DNS servers to same network. Look at this:
    Code:
      Domain Name: ULTIMAONLINE.COM
      Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
      Whois Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
      Referral URL: http://www.cscglobal.com
      Name Server: NS.EAMYTHIC.COM
      Name Server: NS2.EAMYTHIC.COM

And here is problem:
    Code:
    Name:    ns.eamythic.com
    Address:  70.166.64.70

Name:    ns2.eamythic.com
    Address:  70.166.64.72

3. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

Thank you for your response. However, I am not sure what you are trying to say. For the information that you submitted, I see two dsn servers on the same network which is 70.166.64. On the other hand, I do thinnk that the problem might be on the configuration file of the DNS. It seems that they changed IP address, and someone forgot to enter the new address on the dns servers.

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That network located at datacenter which have power issues