1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Siege economy

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Dakkon Blackblade, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Dakkon Blackblade

Dakkon Blackblade Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If I build up a crafting character will people buy armor/weapons off of me? also does anyone have info on the going rate for gm crafted items? Or is this economy like the production shards where nobody needs crafters?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Yup. If you stay stocked with good quality items, it will be bought. Prices fluctuate. The economy is pretty good. See the value of Siege gold over other shards.

3. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

smithed armour doesnt sell well. but if you have gm armslore your leather armor and just about anything you craft will sell great! just try to stick around everyone elses prices. dont be like me and undersell everyone hehe. if you get ahold of runic tools the weapons you make even the crappy ones will sell if you price them right. leather armor sells great on siege tho. but you gotta farm your own leather cause of the lack of people who sell resources.

4. Dakkon Blackblade

Stratics Veteran

Well I am new to the shard and have started working a smith tailor but I probably won't be able to get a vendor for a while..I guess I meant can you sell to people in town or has that just become way to old fashioned even for siege?

A shame smithed armor doesn't sell too well, crafting armor used to be the bulk of my enjoyment as a crafter long ago. :sad4:

5. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

Good to see some old uo spirit, I say sell that armor in town! Luna would be a good place to try if your adventerous, and have some helping skills. But never forget what shard you are on, and even town can be dangerous!
    Protect your items in the bank, and only risk what you can afford to lose.
    If you stick by that youll have fun and do well at the same time.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I have hopes for the smithy in the future. There are a few folks here that will help with a vendor... If you are serious you will be able to afford a nice place of your own soon.

As you gain customers and friends, you will gain prestige and wealth. You will be able too afford a better place... Soon enough, with diligence and hand shakes, you will be a factor and your name will be known. Your goods will be bought, sold, traded and cut into pieces.

The future is yours. Come carve your name...

7. Dakkon Blackblade

Stratics Veteran

Personal wealth isn't half as rewarding as being an asset to the community for me anyways. :)

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* Nothing wrong with both...

9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

That´s the kind of spirit that there´s not enough of in UO.

Welcome to Siege... :thumbsup:

10. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I would personally like to see some crafters start burning horned/barbed kits and selling nice suits. I think the availability would make many more PvPers run good gear, adding excitement to it. I know I get a bigger rush PvPing knowing I'm running an 8-10$ suit each time.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Dude. We don't do dollars anymore. *coughs* 2 million gold suits? There for the looting if you can? I love this shard!