1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about stat/skill increases with items.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Anderuin, May 11, 2009.

1. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

Can anyone please a question clarify about stat/skill increases with items? When you get these items do they go over your stat/skill cap? Or can it only go upto your stat and skill cap? Say if my stats and skills are both capped, can I use these items to make the skills even higher? Or can it only go upto the cap? Thanks!

2. Kimball

Kimball Guest

For plus skill items, they can only take you to the level you are scrolled to...it will not go over that cap. Stats are different, you can increase your total stat by using plus stat items.

3. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

But can you go over your full skill cap? Like over 700 and up? I can go upto 720.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes - several of my characters are close to 800 skill points from equipment.

Only the Ancient Smithy Hammers and Mining gloves will take skills over their individual cap.

Stats have a cap of 125 real, 150 real+equipment.

5. I read somewhere that you can go over the 150 stat cap, it just doesnt show on the status bar.

Can this be confirmed or is it untrue, My archer would be sitting on 161 dex. I am thinking I should add the extra 11 points to my strength.