1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about talismans and skill gains

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by thamantii, Feb 15, 2009.

1. thamantii

thamantii Guest

If i equip a talisman that bumps up my success chance does that lower the possibility of a skill gain while crafting? I have like a 25% for inscription and working it up at the moment and I use it to get my success chance up to around high 80's and then ill take it off and work that same spell until it is "actually" in the high 80's. Should i do this or should i just leave the talisman on even if it hits 100%?
  2. Kimball

Kimball Guest

From what I understand, the talisman does affect your ability to gain skill. I could be wrong about this, but I always make sure that I don't have a tali on when I am attempting to gain.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Further testing has indicated you CAN gain skill while wearing the talisman - but it might be slower than doing it without the talisman if it takes you over 100% displayed skill.

It's better to be safe than sorry, IMO. I typically only wear an exceptional Talisman when training skills that I have uses for having a higher exceptional chance (i.e. filling BODs with items made while training)