1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about talismans.

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So...I was wondering, how exactly does the math come into play regarding talismans. Especially the ones with 100%?

[​IMG]

I mean, I'm sure that doesn't meant that you receive zero damage from the said creature.

Any know?

2. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Bob I believe ( don't quote me) that the "killer" % speaks to the damage YOU inflicted. +100% means double damage.

The "Protection" rating is about the damage inflicted ON you.

Hope this helps...I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

3. Bob_the_fart_guy

That is how I thought it kinda worked to. After looking here the only thing I still don't quite understand is...if your using a slayer talisman, does that mean that any weapon your carrying, or spell your casting acts just like a slayer? Example a normal kryss becomes a slayer kryss and a normal spellbook becomes a slayer spellbook?

Thanks for the feedback. :)

4. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A Slayer Talisman only works on weapons...not spell books.

But yes any normal weapon inflicts slayer damage if you wear a "slayer talisman" for that particular monster group/class.

For example that undead slayer talisman that dropped during that cemetery event a few months back, only works for warriors not
    spell-casters.

5. Bob_the_fart_guy

Ahhh, good to know. I didn't think that is really was a slayer, but that is awesome! I think I have a new respect for talismans now. :)

6. Pah-uh-zahn

Pah-uh-zahn Guest

I got a question for talisman bonuses:

In order to get the crafting bonus, do I have just have it equipped? Or do I click on it? or how does it work to get an inscription bonus? and do I have to have used a power scroll in order to be able to use it properly?

7. Bob_the_fart_guy

Hey Pah, if you go here: http://www.uoguide.com/Talismans it tells you nearly everything you need to know about talismans. The tally won't increase your chance to "craft" something, but will increase your success chance of crafting an exceptional. If you already have a 50% chance and equip a tally with +10 then you'll have a 60% chance. Ect. And no, you don't' need a power scroll, and no you only click it to activate its "main" property (tally of creatures summons random creature ect).