1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about the transfer of items

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ithakra, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ithakra

ithakra Guest

Hello all,
    I'm an old timer to UO. Originally I started in Dec of 1997, and quit sometime around 2004 or 05. I came back to check things out, and I reactivated my old account. I have several characters on other shards, but I play primarily on Pacific. Is it possible to sell items from characters on other shards and transfer that gold to my Pacific characters?
    Thanks.

2. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi ithakra,

Welcome back to UO!

Yes, you can move your gold and lots of items. You can transfer any character, pets, items and/or gold from one shard to another, using a transfer token.

There is a limit on the number of items and animals a character can transfer with, but you can fill up 5 pack animals and fill your bank box and your backpack, as well.

BlissMarie

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

A character transfer token will let you load up a backpack, bank, stable, and up to 5 packies and transfer them all to the shard of your choice (except test, siege, and mugen).

Or you can sell the items on the other shard, then do what is called X-Shard trading. Basically you find someone with gold on your shard who also wants gold on the other shard and then trade with them. It is a little risky for whoever gives the gold first. You might ask around on the "Holiday Trading" forum, or the "UO-Trader's hall". I think you'll find some trusted x-shard traders there.

Also, in September, many of our rare's collectors will be transferring to Atlantic for the rare's festival. They will often carry items with them for free or a small fee. You can send them to Atlantic with one collector before the festival, then on to your home shard with another collector with another when he/she returns home from the festival.

4. ithakra

ithakra Guest

Thanks guys! The info was much appreciated.

5. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

While we're on the subject, I have a dumb question.

I though I could load up my pack animals for a transfer because that's what people said you should do. But the stable master says that I cannot stable anything with items in their packs. And of course, every pet must be stabled before you are allowed to transfer.

Am I wrong or am I just doing something wrong?

6. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

You should be able to transfer without stabling.

Side Note: For anyone that saw the previous post, my 1 year old beat me at "Battle for the keyboard"

7. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Plant!

What you do is load up your packies, go to a safe log out location with your loaded pack animals, tell them to follow you, then use your transfer token. You are right, they can't be stabled when loaded.

Any animals you have in the stables will transfer with you, too.

When you arrive at your destination, your loaded pack animals will be in your transfer crate.

BlissMarie

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Exactly right... and the most important part is to be sure you are in COMMAND of the pack animals and they are well fed and happy. Feed them, tell them to follow you and be sure they are right there with you when you activate the token.

9. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

Thank you BlissMarie and MalagAste, i owe you big time!