1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about UO and PVP

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wojoe, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

I think everybody has idea's to make the PVP aspect of the game better, My Question is, Do enough people PVP to have the dev's assign somebody to this full time? The current system is to slow at addressing the PVP balance issues.

Just wondering...
  2. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

What balance issues? Its the most balanced it has been in years. Everytemp has there stregnths and weaknesses. Just dont get it.
  3. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

That's not balance. That's rock/paper/scissors.
  4. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

It's not? I thought rock paper scissor is the most balance comparison in life. Like water/fire/earth/air or yin/yang or pikeman>cavelry>archer>infantry>pikeman.

Other than that the only other balance possible is everyone being a clone soldier.
  5. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 1, 2006
    If it isn't rock/paper/scissors and balance means any two templates regardless of skills/stats/armor/weapons can fight for an hour and neither one dies then it isn't balanced.

Personnally, I think balance means there is no one template that rules them all.

If you want real balance then you have to have some number of multi-class templates that are in a platoon and then two platoons fight it out in a war. That is the only time it wouldn't be rock/paper/scissors.

6. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Didn't you hear? They let the intern go last week.