1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

question about vendor houses

Discussion in 'UHall' started by smip, Feb 23, 2010.

1. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It has been YEARS since I've had to ban anyone from any of my houses. I wanted to know if you ban a person from your house can they still buy off the vendors? There is a person who I don't want buying from my vendors any more. Will banning them make it happen?

2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Yup, they get nothing if banned. None of my business, but why would you not want someone to buy stuff from you? I thought that is the point of having a vendor house, to sell things.

3. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

IF memory serves me right, If you ban 1 char, none of the chars from that account can buy from your vendors any longer.

4. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Correct. On a side note the person can still do a vendor look/browse/view/whatever and see whats on the vendors within reach but can't see whats on vendors outside that range by clicking on them.

5. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

Because my daughter stocks her vendor very well.. whe works hard at it and the person next door buys ALL of her stock and stocks it on their vendor.

Yes it sounds petty but this person buys almost everything off her vendor then restocks on hers next door.

Daughter was just wanting to know if that person was banned can they still buy from the vendors in our house.

6. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Fair enough :). Is this person charging more for said items? If so you may consider raising your prices to the equal their prices, this way they make no profit off of buying your stuff. Or they are doing it out of spit and if thats the case then its just rude of them to do.

7. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

She has raised her prices.. now this person is just being vindective is all.. Don't you love to be called a Trammie by someone in Trammel LOL ... so I called her out.. and SHE called her guildmates.. yes I got killed but my dragon killed all 4 of them... that was a sight to see for sure.. guess i'm just a stuipd trammie like she called me...

By the way.. We are on Lake Austin... our vendors house is named Garbage Galore. The house just to the west of is is the one that buys out our goods. They don't even have the gumps to change the name of the runebooks that we make.. ...

Why do there have to be lamers... I don't wanna accuse anyone of useing speedhacks.. but one person was on me like stink on poo poo... I have never seen anyone jump across the screen like that.. EVER.. and I've been playing for a very lone time. I'm not a pvp'er AT ALL.. but this one topped the cake..

Don't ya just HATE being a trammie sometimes.. LOL

8. So just ban her from the house... it will block any char she has on that account...
    Or as Yen said, raise your prices to match what shes been doing... then she makes no profit.

9. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

LoL, I really dont understand people some times. So what if they are buying all of your stuff. Thats GREAT! If you put something on a vendor for a certain price that you think is fair, and someone buys it... then thats the end of it. What they do with the item is completely un-related. The whole point of a vendor is to sell thinks and make money.

I just dont understand how them buying your stuff is vindictive? LoL. And you raised your prices above what you think is fair and they still bought? And your even more upset? Man, I wish I had your problem. Either keep raising your prices, or just keep selling to them at a price thats higher then you think is fair. They can think that they are messing with you all they want... the bottom line is that they are paying more then what you consider a fair price, and they are constantly buying all of your stock. Thats a business mans/vendors dream come true!

Let them keep buying from you... take a deep breath, and realize that you are the one getting their gold. YOUR WINNING! Why ban them and stop the flow of gold?

10. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

I tried to tell my daughter that. However... I left a few details out. When I went down to talk to the person that kept emptying the veodors out. I asked them if they would like us to make what she needed for a fair price to put on her vendors.. that way my daughter can keep her vendors reasonably stocked. That's when my neighbor called me a "Stupid Trammie" She also concluded that my daughter and I MUST be fat and stuipd in real life or we would not be playing UO... go figure. That's when I asked if they had a home in Felucca. That's when she told me to meet her at the moonglow moongate... Like I said, I'm no pvp'er so I brought my best trained up greater dragon. Knowing I was going to die.. But my sweet little draggy killed them all too.. so in short, I guess we were all just stupid trammies. (I had a feeling she would not come alone. That's why I brought my greater dragon, and I was right). There is just no honor anymore in the land where I was born. Felucca is DEFINATELY not the same land that I grew up in any more.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Im sure its more the fact that they are trying to provide basic things for a lot of people and enjoy helping the community and instead only are providing for someone else to sell. Its not about the money, its about helping people out. So no, making money isnt all about getting gold. It may be a business man's dream come true but not a true vendor house's dream come true.*

*Disclaimer, all of this is speculation and my personal opinion.

12. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

Thank you.

13. Sonoma

Sonoma Guest

Ok, thats a good point, if that is their intention I could see how this could frustrate them... I guess my mind just works differently. If they are being jerks, fine, I would use the ignore feature so I dont have to listen to it, and then I would just keep stocking my vendor at a higher price. Let them be jerks and try to "get at me" by buying my vendor out. To me it would be more funny watching them pay above market prices then annoying.

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

It's Lake Austin, what we don't have in numbers we make up for in Drama.

15. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

LOL Well. It's been a long time since I was able to be a drama queen. Just let me have my day.. HEHEHEHE rolleyes: :gee:

16. This is true but the point of the matter is if my vendors dont stay semi decently stocked i lose the base of customers I am trying to attract. When I have to spend most the day.. Okay all of the day restocking the vendors I just stocked not but 30 mins ago so i dont lose customers then it becomse a problem. It is almost like she is trying to make me move.

It is not about the money its about the principle of the matter. If it was anything besides things like rune books and clothing with MY name on it. I have no problem but when she can buy all the rune books that I make. Including the ones such as the ter mur monster spawns and I make at least 20 or more each go of each book. Thats alot of time and effort to provide a service that will allow others to have fun in the game.

17. Hey I resemble that remark.. =P not really but I guess your right huh.. lol

18. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

nothing wrong with using the good old ban list on people you don't like.

Even if business is business...it's your house and if you don't like a certain person, just ban them...it will prevent them from entering your house or/and buying from your vendors.