1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question...Can i have a classic bag using the EC

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Apr 28, 2015.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I only log in the EC for colour ID..

alas its a waste of time as the bag is mixed to hell when i return to the CC

Is there any way of stopping the crazy square box grid and just get the good ole classic style bag...

what do i need press the EC hurts my eyes

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Better still DEVS can we have a colour ID tool for the classic cleint...one u can buy form a npc or even from origin store if its cheap cheap...id buy half a dozen

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

In the options you have to enable legacy containers. Also make sure to turn off grids for legacy containers, which is a separate option and unfortunately turned on by default.
    Also you can drag the action "toggle legacy containers" (in category "other") into a hotbar to switch on the fly.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes you can have "legacy containers" in the EC and toggle between list, grid and legacy. You won't be able to use the HUE ID tool when in legacy container mode though.

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend

so useless....no ID for classic...gues ill have to place a tower and bang it all on floor then ID it and move it around in order...then relog into the classic and put back in the bag/box in correct order....pain in the arse methinks just to try get 22 old ingots in some kind of colour order and to see which 8 colours are missing...oh well theres no easier way

#5 THP, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  6. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

G
    GREAT idea!

Angel of Sonoma likes this.
  7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

color id only works for grid view. found this out the other day. (wish i would have seen Djads post before i tried) i have over 100 unique hued quest bottles from the abyss quest and want to arrange them using id asssistance and think the only way ill be able to do it is by dual clienting (iding, then trading to a classic character to place for box display)

8. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Can I get 1 button loot everything in the CC ? kthx

Victim of Siege likes this.
  9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

That sounds like hard work. Why not just open the container in grid view, ID the item then switch back to classic client after?

10. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

For the classic client you can get far better than that, you don't even need to open the corpse to loot it. Of course you need a naughty 3rd party program to do this but people have been using it for years without any issues.

11. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No! Shouldnt have to pay for it, it needs added into the client, period

12. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Open the container with the items you want to hue-id in grid. Open a 2nd container in Legacy and put the items in it in the order you want. You don't have to dual client. Just use two containers.

petemage and Smoot like this.
  13. THP

THP Stratics Legend

because the bag in classic client is differnt order to the bag in the EC... its like when someone restocks a vendor in the EC....someone usuing the CC just sees heaps of stuff stacked ontop of each other

14. THP

THP Stratics Legend

i wil try a bag inside a bag...pretty sure it will be the same....nice grid in the EC then wehn u switch back to the CC... a mass of jumble in the bag

15. THP

THP Stratics Legend

and like was said the colour ID only works in the grid EC...been told this now....so was just looking for a option...looks like placing stuff on a tower floor and putting in order is the only way around this

16. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Try it this way:
    screenshot_018.png

Anyway, default EC still seems to be the royal pain. No idea who could seriously think that 12 tile bag to the left with some random buttons looks great lol..

Remember this screenshot when you ask the devs to change CC next time :D

17. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

I wholeheartly agree. Putting a grid into the old gump gfx, where you neither can see even 12 full tiles nor you're able to resize it, is not only butt ugly, but also completely user-unfriendly. It wouldn't annoy me that much, if it wouldn't be turned on by default. That's absolutely ridiculous.

18. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Iam sorted had to use the place stuff on the tower floor arrange in order in EC then log in the CC pick the stuff up and put in a bag/box in corret order....whatever!!

DJAd likes this.