1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

question concerning shadowstrike

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is it: I originally understood that the two spells, harm and lightning, do not expose you during shadowstrike. I do not own daggers/spikes with magic arrow or fireball, since I know that they will (expose you).
    I was just informed by another player that lightning would, indeed, expose you as well. Curious, I put my cart template back on stone and grabbed my fencing back off. I just shadowstruck 10 ogre lords in a row with my spike, with lightning hitting on the majority of them, without being exposed once. But this game is so convoluted, and changes so often, that I would like to double-check this to make sure.
    Are there circumstances or situations where the hit spell lightning WILL expose you during shadowstrike? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Lighting wont expose you, only spells that have a delay will expose you.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well, that is what I remembered, and what my impromptu experiment seemed to supoort, but you know how they change things. I've been stealing and t-hunting for a while now, and thought perhaps something might have changed.
    Thanks

4. OT: what is your thief temp? If you dont mind me asking, PM me if you dont want every one to know plz.:thumbsup:

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

You know my vote since your asking again....lighting can not always but can reveal you after a shadow strike...

When Pvping, Ill explain our experience before...The shadow strike is real fast an almost hides you almost instantly...The lighting wont per say reveal...but what has happened is the lighting went off a bit after the shadow strike therefore making you auto attack again, which did reveal, and i found my self and others having to make sure you had it toggled again very quickly...

So have fun and be safe....I will take Harm any day over lighting...

To date I had never been revealed by harm...or auto attacked twice because of a slight delay....

I ran a death strike posion template for over a year and half and never had good luck with lighting and shadow strike....

Hope that helped better

6. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Although I'm not 100% sure, could it be possible that the poison tics were revealing you?

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

You know! thats a strong possiblitly, its been so long ago since I ran that template, that honestly I cant remember...I just remember that finally I got real angry about lighting so bad that I swore it off for good on that Template...

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have never been revealed by my hit lightning that I can recall. I was wondering it it wasn't a connection issue.
    Still, with many people still running lower in cold than energy resist, it's all moot really. I recall seeing more damage done with harm normally than with lightning anyway.