1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question for all you crafters smiths out there?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by originian, Aug 13, 2008.

1. originian

originian Guest

I thought that hit life leech ect.. were all capped at 50%??

I made a wep today with well over 50% cap hows thats possible

Its a:
    Silver Etched Mace
    {Undead Slayer}
    30 Swing speed increase
    54 hit life leech
    34 Hit Harm

didnt know they could go over 50?? that new? any ideas what that type of uber doom wep would be worth?

2. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

3. originian

originian Guest

its life leech not mana and actually it obtains it almost every hit. its one of the fastest macing weps.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its now 2-100 % intense range

5. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Chart applies, or I would not have linked it for you. :)

As to weapon value, very little. Maybe 100k.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The "cap" rolled for by the runic is still 2%-50% - BUT....

That 50% is not displayed, but is now multiplied by a number, based on the weapon speed (and SSI does affect it), and in turn that number is capped at 100% (50% for archery weapons, last I heard).

The Life Leech and Mana Leech properties now trigger every hit, instead of the 2%-50%.

What they return to the wielder is a number of Health/mana (depending on the leech type, based on the following:

(1% to the modified leech amount, determined randomly) * (the old amount the leech property would return: 30% for Life leech, 40% for mana leech) = amount leeched.

So, if an item has Hit Life Leech 72%,

(1% to 72%) * 30% = 0.3% to 21.6% of the damage done, on each hit, rolled randomly each hit.

So, if you're hitting with it (on average) for 100 points of damage, you will get back 0 to 22 points of health every hit - probably averaging about 10 points if the Random number generator is nice to you.

A person using the very fast "Soul Seeker" (30% life leech; the equivalent of the old 40% ability/80% intensity, at its weapon speed), hitting for 100 points on average would get -
    0.3 to 9 Health back per hit - but will hit a LOT more over time due to weapon speed.
    At the same time, it will also be leeching 0.4 to 12 mana back per hit (40% of 1 to 30%)
    And have a 40% chance of leeching 100% of the hit amount as stamina.

7. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

HLL and HML are capped at 100% now. They got changed way back when they changed how leeches actually worked.

I believe that archery weapons never got the same change so they are still capped at 50%.