1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Mesanna about Ultima Online.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dan123The123Man, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

With you being the newly appointed producer I was wondering if you had any plans to have Ultima Online advertised to attract potential players and monthly subscribers?

2. Sir Ophid of Yew

Sir Ophid of Yew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Amen!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure you know what a Producer is.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  4. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

At least put ads on facebook
    Anything is better than nothing
    Its the 15th ann id even go so far as to say limited time boxes in stores and posters would be nice
    I know seeing a tv commercial will never happen and has never happened before
    Only time i saw uo on tv was on the news in a report about game addiction many years ago

5. Dan123The123Man

Stratics Veteran

all i'm trying to say is since she was promoted she has more authority now to make things happen.

Also,

taken off of freedictionary dot com:
    Producer -
    One that produces, especially a person or organization that produces goods or services for sale.
    2. One who supervises and controls the finances, creation, and public presentation of a play, film, program, or similar work.

one would think that a producer would play a pretty important role even in helping advertise... Her role may not strictly be to advertise the game but what i'm saying is she can make it happen.

A good example of how this would positively impact UO would be the other night... We were and still are all being awarded "sleeping hampsters" for when the servers were offline due to some kind of malfunction... I'm not saying that people weren't trying to resolve the issue in a timely manner. But if perhaps they had more subscribers (due to ADVERTISING hint hint) they might be able to afford a better or more improved host for the servers or better equiptment... Or they may even be able to afford quality in-game staff that actually visit you in-game and take the time to communicate and address problems rather then delivering the typical "copy/paste message".

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

It gets mentioned on MMORPG sites just about every week. That's free advertising. The game sites are all going to hold their 15 years of UO retrospectives in September as well. Again more free advertising.

You have to have something to attract the potential players. The Classic Client's graphics, and sandboxy/persistent player-driven features are clearly not enough to get them to try it after 15 years - unless I'm missing thousands and thousands of brand new players coming in every month. It needs work on the graphics, it needs work on the website, it needs work in other areas.

Imagine if EA advertised UO in its current state. If people showed up at UOHerald.com, they can't easily find a single screenshot, let alone a video that shows off the game. They can't find out what's happening with the game as far as future plans either. Not a good impression.

Contrast that with Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, and Star Wars: The Old Republic where they go out of their way to make it easy to find screenshots and video and plans the producers have right there on the front page.

Before you try and sell a house, you need to look at it from the perspective of a potential buyer.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  7. Dan123The123Man

Stratics Veteran

i'm sorry all I am seeing is excuse after excuse... More work and less excuses please? Thank you and have a great day.

8. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They are going to be more vocal and uo's name will be out there more closer to Sept. Least that is what they have said already in the past. But Uo making it's mark and continues to make it's mark in history. There is returning players all the time this year. The alliance I am in has 4 alone in the past two weeks or so.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  9. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I don't even see anybody making excuses about the website.

I don't want to jam up your thread with such questions though, so I made a new one.