1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Nyses re: "The best sampire template"

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Mistura, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Was just wondering, you mentioned that you have solo'd every champ with your mele dexer.

How do you kill baracoon and neira solo with a sword? I have got archery on my template to finish those guys off solo.

I always end up getting to frustrated trying to mele those guys because they just run and run and run... Neira is the worst as she summons shed loads of undead spawn which slows things down even more.

Is there any trick to getting them to stay still? What am i missing?

Thx

2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

On the right spot you can get both of them to stand still, usually has to do with uneven z-axis's.

I usually find it easier to just cheat and have my character that is protecting my Sammy, cast Efields to hold em still for the beating. :) Usually takes 4 or 5 X-fields.

3. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If your doing the rat at despise there are two spots where one can stand and the rat will walk around you but never away. First is the lower SE part of the island and the other is just left of the top of the old bridge.

Neira can be blocked in with two chars if you get her in a corner but the rewards are such that you'd(IMO) be better off doing the demon spawn.

4. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Cheers

Agreed the Demon spawn is much more rewarding and no harder than Undead in my opinion, was just curious if there was a little trick i was missing ;)

5. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

why do feel demon is more rewarding? glad collar?

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

http://www.uoguide.com/Champion_Spawn_Artifacts

Compare:
    Shroud of Deceit
    Wall Blood Tile
    Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping
    A Necromancer Shroud
    Detective boots
    Captain John's Hat

to

Gladiator's Collar
    Lava Tile
    Demon Skull
    Lieutenant of The Britannian Royal Guard
    Royal Guard Survival Knife
    The Most Knowledge Person

Demon has the 2 most valuable artifacts, and there's a smaller artifact pool to choose from.
    assuming drop rates are even:
    1/3 Demon artifacts are either the Sash or the Collar

None of Neira's artifacts really stand out.

7. I wonder if the Big Magic Flippers that turn you into an Orc count as a body type change to avoid Semidar's anti male thing, if it does that would be pretty handy for people who can't Polymorph.

8. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

5 years ago I started making every char a female due to the above reason. Now they are all some variant of a female name, lame but needed being done.

Even the lesser rewards are better from the demon spawn. Once in a blue moon I sell a demon skull but never the tattered wrappings. The knife can sell to the right person as do the knowledge robes unlike the necro one. Both tiles have buyer's, but the hat and shroud of deciet just waste cash sitting on a vendor yet the boots sell all the time. This all said the demon spawn is a much better winner.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

would guess... 80% probability.
    Probably makes you susceptible to repond slayers too.

10. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Found the info I was asking for so deleted post.

11. ambernectar

ambernectar Guest

seem to remember reading somewhere that vamp form negates semidars anti male effect, any truth to this?

12. Wraith Form does but I don't know about Vamp Form.

13. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

This is false.

14. ambernectar

ambernectar Guest

can you just open open the polymorph menu (using a scroll) like on barracoon, or do you have to completely poly into a female/non-male char?

15. You have to completely change.

16. ambernectar

ambernectar Guest

thanks for your help

*orders a gender change token instead* :p