1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question from a Newb

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Laranoth, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hi everyone!

I'm not new to UO, but new to Siege so I consider myself a Newb there. I did play UO pre-trammel so the Feluccan ruleset doesn't bother me one bit, it's actually the reason I decided to come over. Brief introductions done, my questions:

I intend to play a crafter (unless I get a second account), but is there ACTUALLY a need for another crafter on siege? I don't want to spend months building a character to find out it's worthless.

If the answer to the above is yes, what craft skills are in the highest demand? (please do not list skills that require runics to be useful, for instance if high quality bows are in demand, but ONLY if they have been runic crafted, please don't say bowcraft, I probably won't have access to runics anytime in the near future)

I was considering Tailoring/Tinkering/Inscribe/Carpentry with my other skill points being used to round out supplemental skills (Magery, a little mining, LJ), then when imbuing comes in I'll have to drop something because I will be picking that up.

Thanks for all your help.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if you intend making/selling any kind of weapons and/or armour you'll need armslore. It now adds a bonus to exceptional items. Damage to weapons, resists to armour.

3. Laranoth

Laranoth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

lol oops, yeah I forgot to list that, I do plan on having armslore in my template, the extra 5 resists per piece is a really nice bonus.

4. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

The availability of crafter goods fluxuates from month to month, so I would say you could do ok. Weapons and armor certainly. But also resources. I personally need bloodwood and bark every few weeks, and many needs cloth for bandies.

Good Luck! And if you need access to spinning wheels, ovens, forges etc, while startint out, let me know. I can access you to my house in Iantown.

I would also suggest taking hiding and stealth. Crafters are not safe from the PKs that need thier goods...:stretcher: Heh.

5. Petra Fyde

8 on Siege actually, 5 on the other shards.

It's possible, with lots of luck, to make barbed suit pieces with 10/10/10/10/10.

I'm saving any of mine that come up like that till I have a suit. So far I've got 5 pieces towards it, though of mixed styles.

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

hehe if I ever got lucky enough to make a suit like that I would get PKed and lose it hehe

7. Petra Fyde

:D I'm not planning on wearing it :D

actually I'm considering saving it to try to imbue it. What do you think it would be worth if I could put lrc on each piece?

8. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

Whoah....that would be primo!

9. Petra Fyde

:) I've got till SA comes in to try to complete the set. It needs a tunic. Annoyingly the very first all 10s piece I made was a tunic, a ninja jacket. But it was part of an order I made for Mo, so goodness knows where it is now, that's if it didn't get cut up.