1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question From Returning Player

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Rhus Radicans, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, I've been away for a couple of years, and yesterday I logged in again for a look around. I visited Magincia on a test character, got killed, and was unable to use the Moongate to get off the island while a ghost. Later I was visiting the Cu Sidhes in Ilshenar and was killed by a Changeling, and was unable to exit the area in ghost form. (This was in the 2d client). Is this a recent change? How on earth are players supposed to get rez'd if access points are closed to ghosts?

2. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Quick reply - use the blue Help button on your paperdoll then choose My character is physically stuck. This will transport you to one of several towns. Cove is usually my town of choice, mainly because its only a few steps to the healer and currently is not part of the whole invasion scenario.

3. In magincia, head for the docks ... there is a teleporter there that should take you to the Trinsic docks. If it hates ghosts (no idea) then use the Help button.

4. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

At the docks in magicina you will see the same type of sparkling teleporter gate that they use to enter swoop area (cu sidhe area), I have never had a problem going thru as a ghost. Havent tried in Ish for abit but sadly had to use the mag one the other day so know it worked for me.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

with the 2D client, when you die, sometimes the client gets out of sync with the server, and shows you standing a couple steps from where you actually are. This ends up making it seem like you can walk through certain static objects, and impossible for you to hit specific targets (like teleporters and moongates) unless you realize you're off-target and try to go through the area where it should be, rather than where it is displayed at.

6. Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for all the responses!

7. Babble

Babble Guest

You can also doubleclick moongates to pass them.
    And if your client is out of synch going into warmode and out again solves that.