1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question of the day: 17 June 2008

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Vallend, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Today we will talk about the little things that the Devs have added that surprise and delight us. The so called Easter Eggs that they have placed in game and have not told us about.

What "Easter Egg" (hidden feature or novelty that the programmers have put in their software) or little known place on the Catskills shard do you like best?

I know I always grin wide when casting a Energy Vortex (EV) and the purple llama appears. I just love watching it kicking up a storm. I also laughed when I found out by double clicking a cow you could make it tip over.
    One of the nicest things was finding out that when you click on a "Butchers War Cleaver" it skins creatures and puts the leather straight into your backpack saving you some time and work.
    As for hidden places in the game that many players don't know about I think I will save the ones I know for another post, but please do share some if you want to.

2. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When a npc woman has a beard...that always makes me laugh. One the far left tip of Ice Island there is a teeny spot you can fall on that if your not a mage you become trapped there, forcing you to use the "help I'm stuck" option. heh.

-Hagrid

3. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

my favorite so far is the running with scissors message. kinda neat and unexpected.

Also the gingerbread men, when you make them yourself and put them on the ground, some of them scream when you go to eat them. hehe

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Standing on Luna Moongate, say "all follow me."

The gate responds with, "Sir? Ma'am? Whatever you are? Allow me to let you in on a little secret... your pet has a name. Show some respect."

Not only does that amuse me, but I stumbled on that one myself, which is added joy. I always like finding these things on my own.