1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Damage Increase

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Rotgut Willy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I understand that the max Damage Increase from items is 100%. Does the Slayer property count towards this (+100%, right?) Do Talismans count towards this?

Also, what is the total maximum Damage Increase? (Items, spells, etc... all of it.)

If I have the Essence of Battle ring (+30%DI), a bracelet with +25%DI, a slayer weapon, the Talisman Primer on Arms Damage Removal (+20%DI) and cast Enemy of One (+50%DI), will they all combine? (+225%)

Thanks!

2. Look in the FAQ up above for some data on DI. You want the response "Death, Enemy of One, Enhanced ...". In there is an EoO discussion that gives TC data on damage up to the 300% cap.

In effect, DI items do count toward the cap ... anything over it is wasted IMO.

3. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Thanks! :)

4. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

The FAQ says:

Weapon only: 39-50 damage: Initial value i.e. 100%
    Weapon + EoO: 61-75 damage: 150% of initial
    Weapon + slayer: 78-102 damage: 200% of initial
    Weapon + slayer + EoO: 116-144 damage: 300% of initial

That answers my question regarding total max DI (300%). (Thanks!)

I also read on UOGuide.com that items max out at +100%. Does that include the DI from Slayers?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I did a search of the forums but nothing came up with the words I chose to search for.

Thanks again.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The Slayer bonus is +100% DI, on top of the item DI. so the item DI does come into play, for the most part. However, it may not all come into play if you cast EoO with a slayer (experiment a little and see if you see a difference).

6. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Cool beans. So technically I can use +50%DI from jewelry, and a slayer weapon, getting the max DI just as I would with EoO and a slayer weapon... but without the pesky +100% damage coming back at me from monsters not affected by the EoO. :)

OR I can use +100%DI from jewelry with EoO and get the same end result as using a slayer and EoO (if I don't have the appropriate slayer).

Just exploring different options. Thanks both of you for your input.