1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

question on mods to bows

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Storm, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ok here is the deal I have lots and lots of bows and i seem to keep coming back to the same question when moding them for sale here is a example
    composite bow
    38 hld
    76 luck
    faster cast 1
    ss1 30
    di 39
    ok would you enhance to get 40 ssi or 49 di and 5 hci
    me i would rather see 5 hci and 49 di
    i always run into picking one or the other what do you all think is the best seller or worth the most between the 2 options
    keep in mind this was just an example i know its not a uber bow or anything like that
    snowdog ls shard

2. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Since all bows are pretty slow, pushing the SSI will make more of a difference than a little DI and HCI.

Another reason is most people are only looking for 35-40% DI from their weapon because they have the other 60-65% on their suit (Stormgrip, Arms Primer Talisman, Jewelry).

3. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It really depends on your stats actually. Lets assume you have 135 dex and gm tac/anat. At 30ssi and 39di you will swing once every two secs and do a damage range of 34-35. That is a DPS of 19.75

At 40ssi and 39di, it changes the swing delay to once every 1.75 sec. so that extra 10 ssi is shaving a cool 1/4 second from your swings. This gives us a DPS of 22.57

At 30ssi and 49di however, you swing once every two seconds, and do a damage range of 35-46. This calculates a DPS of 20.25.

This math was done by the stratics weapon planner. YMMV :)

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

awsome I should have thought of these things thanks for the reply everyone
    looks like SSI will be the way I mod most of my bows then

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It actually depends on whether the SSI amount in question will have an appreciable affect on the swing speed.

Going blanket "always SSI" is silly, if the 10 SSI won't increase the weapon to the next step.

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

it doesnt matter much anyway, most 30 ssi bows will fail with ash, and most 30+DI bows will fail with yew..

i wouldnt enhance that bow.