1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on the new ethies.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GL_Seller, Oct 30, 2009.

1. GL_Seller

GL_Seller Guest

I chose the reptalon and the hiryu. The first day I was able to use them just like any other ethy. For almost 4 days now when i dbl click them to mount them it goes all the way through the summoning process mounts it for less then a second and kicks me off it and goes right back into my pack. I tried it on all my characters over 144 months it does the same thing to everyone of them. None of them have any followers so its not that.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues? I've tried paging a gm 4 times now. The first night i waited 3 hours before logging off after not getting a response. So unless i have 5 hours to play in a row which i dont the gms are of no help.

Anyone have any ideas of why this is happening?
  2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

No clue why it is happening, but it only happens if you try to mount it while in a player house... step outside and it should work fine. Once you are on it, you can run all over the house without a problem.

I doubt a GM could help with it - turn in a bug report and sit back to await a future publish.
  3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    Is that a problem only with the rept and hiryu? I've never had a problem with the others yet.
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    silly idea, but do any of your characters have enough taming for those creatures, can that character ride the ethys based on them?
  5. Jhym

Jhym Guest

It looks like the fix they did to them has the side-effect that you can't mount them. I unmounted to check and now can't get back on whether it's ethereal or "real". Yes, I'm 145 months. No, I'm not a tamer, never have been. Yes, it seems if you leave the plot you can mount it, but now I'm afraid it will not work in some odd location, like the middle of a dungeon.

I don't normally get disappointed in the devs, but at the moment I have a trashed codex on my plot and now my vet reward is funky. Now I'm afraid to use anything else I got recently, it might turn into a chicken or kick me whenever I move.

6. Pray for one of your ethy's to turn into a chicken. You can then sell it for 1 billion gold. :thumbup: