1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question on UO

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by CarverMG, Apr 28, 2009.

1. CarverMG

CarverMG Guest

Well, I guess ill make a repost in a proper channel.
    I havent played seriously for the last 5 years, and look back at UO and seens its changed quite a bit... I know that most of the new games have taken the population down so this question may be odd...

Is it worth it to leave wow and join back up with UO.. well even stay with wow, just play UO the same...

I am wondering this because i have a die hard urge to play again haha.. and i see alot of weird expansions so i think it might be good...

Oooo Dancing tree thing! :danceb:

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

personaly I went through simalar choice a while back WOW got very stale for me WOW is eye candie and thats it !! I have a few 80 level characters on wow took me about 6 months I have played UO nearly 10 years and still have characters not completly done ! UO and WOW is no comparison WOW is for people who love the visual effects UO is way better in almost every other area my choice as you can tell was UO and I have never regreted it !

3. CarverMG

CarverMG Guest

Well, heres how i look at it. I went to wow because a Real life friend brought me there to play with my brother, Both of them quick and was badgered into staying as the main healer for the guild...

I love UO, Always have, But dont have friends on both atm... However i love the crafting system, I love the pvp system, stealing system, Housing system, dungeon system and taming system of UO. I miss alot of it, but as you said WoW is eye candy, and now is overrun by tons of little kids.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, in the last 5 years, a lot of content has been added for crafting, the non-PvP side of stealing (stealing from monsters gives some useful items for the PvPer), and definitely the Tamer (the Samurai Empire creatures, the Cu Sidhe from ML, and the 5-slot Greater Dragon).

If you come back, while you'll have to make new friends, I'm pretty sure that if you look, you'll find a lot of other former WoW players that came back to UO.

5. CarverMG

CarverMG Guest

so whats the most active shard then?

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

what I would do when you activate you account and go to log in see what servers you connect to the fastest then outa the top 5 or so log in with a character on each and run around talking to people and check out the populations also check on the boards for each shard here on stratics !

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

there is also a percent full button on the shard selection screen you can try that but I am not sure the accuracy of it or exactly how it works just a thought there

8. CarverMG

CarverMG Guest

im thinking of doing pacific :thumbsup:

9. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If so, welcome to Pacific. If you need anything, let me know.

10. CarverMG

CarverMG Guest

Any caffeine? I just woke up :(

11. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

I've come back to UO from WoW like, 3 times. lol.
    And my outings in WoW keep getting shorter.

Yeah, it's always worth it, even if it's for only 1 month.

I love UO. It really is the best MMO available.

:danceb:<<<<<< I think this is dancing Broccoli.